Worksheet Problem about Power (average power of a car accelerating up a hill)

Homework Statement

A 1130 kg car is initially at rest when it accelerates up a 21 m high hill. When it reaches the top of the hill it is traveling at 18 m/s. If it takes 6.5 s to reach the top of the hill, what was the average power of the car?

Homework Equations

W = Fd
P = w/t

The Attempt at a Solution

My answer was 45887.36 watts. The methodology used can be seen in the attached picture.

Attachments

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
The methodology used can be seen in the attached picture.
The image does not show correctly. Try using the UPLOAD button in the lower right of the Edit window to attach a PDF or JPEG image. Please be sure the image is clear and easy to read and doesn't upload sideways. Better yet, just type your work into the forum. Probably it only took a few lines of algebra for you to get to your answer. Thanks.

haruspex
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member

Homework Statement

A 1130 kg car is initially at rest when it accelerates up a 21 m high hill. When it reaches the top of the hill it is traveling at 18 m/s. If it takes 6.5 s to reach the top of the hill, what was the average power of the car?

Homework Equations

W = Fd
P = w/t

The Attempt at a Solution

My answer was 45887.36 watts. The methodology used can be seen in the attached picture.
I am not able to open your image link.
Your answer seems on the low side. Please post your working.