1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would a GED math book be a good idea?

1. Dec 26, 2014 #1
    I would like to start a new a career hopefully by this time next year that requires me to know basic and high school level math. I graduated high school 20 years ago and I really have forgotten a lot. I was thinking about getting a Ged math study book. do you think it would help ?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2014 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

By today's standards? Snoop around a bit on the net, and you should be able to find what material is expected of today's HS grads. You may find that to be enough a refresher, or, that you haven't forgotten as much as you think, or, that you were taught quite a bit more then than is expected now.

4. Dec 27, 2014 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

A Good Idea. GED mathematics books would give good review for Basic Math, simple algebra, and common Geometry. Contemporary Publishers and Steck-Vaughn Publishers are good products to use. The review should take a few weeks, maybe one or two months. Follow that with self-study of Introductory or Beginning Algebra from a good old-fashioned textbook.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook