Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would a GED math book be a good idea?

1. Dec 26, 2014 #1
    I would like to start a new a career hopefully by this time next year that requires me to know basic and high school level math. I graduated high school 20 years ago and I really have forgotten a lot. I was thinking about getting a Ged math study book. do you think it would help ?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2014 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

By today's standards? Snoop around a bit on the net, and you should be able to find what material is expected of today's HS grads. You may find that to be enough a refresher, or, that you haven't forgotten as much as you think, or, that you were taught quite a bit more then than is expected now.

4. Dec 27, 2014 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

A Good Idea. GED mathematics books would give good review for Basic Math, simple algebra, and common Geometry. Contemporary Publishers and Steck-Vaughn Publishers are good products to use. The review should take a few weeks, maybe one or two months. Follow that with self-study of Introductory or Beginning Algebra from a good old-fashioned textbook.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook