Would you buy a used car from the Speaker of the House?

JohnDubYa said:
The statement was intended to be a question. So what is your answer? If you are denying my claim, say so.
You say that when you say that you suppose something, it is meant to be a question. In the same breath, you call it a claim, which I must accept or deny. All this for a point that is meaningless anyway.

No, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with calling a politican by his first name in a political forum, and I offered examples to support my claim. And those that object to my calling the speaker by his first name, and yet call our president by his first name, are hypocrites. Are they not? Do you fall in that category?
I see. You are being completely irrelevant on purpose. You are using what you consider that some people do, however hypocritical you consider it, as justification for doing the same thing. You suppose that I must do it as well. Now, you are asking me if I do it. Sure.

Oh, the hypocrisy exists. Since when did you become on a first name basis with Saddam Hussein? Did you write the following?

Extricate yourself from that one, Mr. First-Name-Basis.
I see. You consider yourself a hypocrite, and you are trying to lump me in your boat. Let me see if I can find a way to extricate myself, at least in my mind, such that you remain the hypocrite that you claim yourself to be, yet I am not. Much of the world refers to Saddam Hussein as Saddam, and not as Hussein, when using a single name to refer to him. Although no means universal, it is a common custom. I am sorry that you are not aware of this fact, and that you used your mistaken understanding in this respect to add to your justification of your hypocrisy.

Hussein is not Saddam's family name. It's actually his father's given name. Given these 2 names to choose from, Saddam is usually considered the more relevant, because at least it is his name.

Last edited:
Much of the world refers to Saddam Hussein as Saddam, and not as Hussein, when using a single name to refer to him.
That doesn't make it acceptable. The fact is that you called Saddam Hussein by his first name, then pointed out that I was in error for calling Dennis Hastert by his first name. First, only Dennis can truly object. Second, I will let the other readers in this thread judge for themselves the level at which are you terminally full of ****.

My quote: No, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with calling a politican by his first name in a political forum, and I offered examples to support my claim. And those that object to my calling the speaker by his first name, and yet call our president by his first name, are hypocrites. Are they not? Do you fall in that category?
Quit dodging the issue and answer the questions.

JohnDubYa said:
That doesn't make it acceptable. The fact is that you called Saddam Hussein by his first name, then pointed out that I was in error for calling Dennis Hastert by his first name.
How humerous. You are going to try to defend yourself on this. Almost everyone calls Saddam by his first name. Certainly, no one uses his last name. Do you even know his last name? Your attempt to equate calling Saddam Hussein by Saddam with calling Dennis Hastert by Dennis is really a desparate action on your part. You must be joking. You surely can't be serious in attempting to justify your ridiculous claim, are you?

By the way, I never said that you were in error. How could it be an error? Oh, I see, you are trying to put words in my mouth.

First, only Dennis can truly object.
A true gem. Can you explain your basis for this?

Second, I will let the other readers in this thread judge for themselves the level at which are you terminally full of ****.
Good for you. Get vulgar. You blew it, with your mistaken analogy. You have only yourself to blame for that. There is no need to get vulgar with me about your error. Just regroup, if you can, and try again.

How humerous. You are going to try to defend yourself on this. Almost everyone calls Saddam by his first name. Certainly, no one uses his last name. Do you even know his last name? Your attempt to equate calling Saddam Hussein by Saddam with calling Dennis Hastert by Dennis is really a desparate action on your part.
Tell it to the other readers in this thread that might buy your line of bull****. The truth to me is obvious.

My quote: First, only Dennis can truly object.

A true gem. Can you explain your basis for this?
Whether or not I choose to call Dennis Hastert by his first name is none of your concern. Period. And I really don't care what reasoning you incorporate to make it your concern.

Good for you. Get vulgar. You blew it, with your mistaken analogy. You have only yourself to blame for that. There is no need to get vulgar with me about your error. Just regroup, if you can, and try again.
Yeah, yeah, whatever! Now you can spend the next thirty minutes psychoanalyzing my response. Whatever floats your boat.

JohnDubYa said:
Tell it to the other readers in this thread that might buy your line of bull****. The truth to me is obvious.
Now, you are just being incredibly defensive. You don't need to be so defensive. You don't need to get vulgar as a way to show your displeasure. We all understand your position.

I don't mind your views. The fact that you and I seem to disagree on almost everything is not reason for this type of argument. To me, the problem is just as you stated it here, to you the truth is obvious, and no one else can have an opinion that is valid if it deviates from what you consider the obvious truth.

Whether or not I choose to call Dennis Hastert by his first name is none of your concern. Period.
I notice that you did not call him Dennis. Now, you say that it is none of my concern. Is this as polite a manner as you can muster to back off of your Saddam ploy?

And I really don't care what reasoning you incorporate to make it your concern.
Sure. The fact that you tried to beat it down my throat is not a good reason to make it my concern.

Now, you are just being incredibly defensive. You don't need to be so defensive...
Prometheus, this isn't Kindergarten. If you want continue playing this game, fine. Whatever.