What advancements have been made in hovercraft technology?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I love hovercrafts!In summary, the Hoverwing XR is a more advanced hovercraft that is less expensive than the 2003 model. They come in different colors and one can even commute to work on the California freeways in one.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow! Check out these toys.

Hovercrafts have come a long way. Make sure to watch the video.

http://www.hovercraft.com/

I want one. :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
Whoops, I had the wrong link up for a minute there.

Neaty!
that looks a lot more advanced than the last time I saw a hovercraft (never!)

Whoa! I'll take TEN!

Cool. Smurf, Check, Tsu and I are going to cross Canada on Hovercrafts!

Lol, well Check does have enough for us, and 6 spares, so it doesn't matter if we wipe out on one or two :smile:

Oh no you don't! THEY'RE MINE! Get your own! :devil:

I want one! But they don't even list the price of the 2003 Hoverwing XR (the one in the video) which makes me think it might be prohibitively expensive...

I want one!

I'm in! Trip to Canada on hovercrafts...sounds fun! Can you imagine the sight of a group of a dozen or so people driving those over a snowy field or across a river? I bet there'd be alien sighting reports in the newspaper the next day! :smile:

Do they come in more colors than just yellow and blue? I want a red one! :biggrin:

Wow those are awesome. UH-19P 70-85mph, crazy

Okay Moonbear, we'll get you any color you want but when we cross Canada we all have to dress up like Star Wars characters. Just for effect. :biggrin:

I've watched this video about twenty times now. :-p :-p :-p

I want I want I want... :-p The plans are cheap.

Last edited:
Okay...as long as I get to be Princess Leah! :biggrin: I always wanted to do those loopy braid things on the side of my head (when Star Wars first came out, I tried, but my hair was too slippery to stay put that way). :smile:

ooooh, I want a baby hovercraft!

My friend in Italy that recently went to that remote island with the Romanian Bikini models to shoot that calendar took a hovercraft. The problem is, if the sea is rough you're stranded until the sea is calm enough to return to mainland.

Let me think about that... Stranded at sea with bikini models...

Sounds horrible!

Ivan Seeking said:

Sounds horrible!

I still think they would have a better effect skimming over snowy fields. I'll wear a white Princess Leah outfit to blend in...on my red hovercraft... :rolleyes: ...nevermind, I'll make that a red dress! :biggrin:

I'm the wookie; well, unless Greg wants to come [He wouldn't even have to dress up!] In that case I would want to be Vador...of course, sometimes I make sounds like R2D2...

Ivan Seeking said:

Sounds horrible!
Yeah, he was actually concerned. He is very fair skinned, he was worried about getting sunburned! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I pity the poor bikini models, this guy is very good looking, but is very concerned with his health! :smile: :smile:

I want a hovercraft., Get the one going 85 mph, commute to work in it on the california freeways. Boo Ya!

That would be so awesome.

FAQ: What advancements have been made in hovercraft technology?

1. What makes these toys so special?

These toys are special because they are designed with unique features and functions that make them stand out from other toys on the market. They are also made with high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure safety and durability.

2. Are these toys suitable for all ages?

These toys are designed with specific age groups in mind. It is important to check the recommended age range on the packaging or product description before purchasing to ensure safety and proper usage.

3. Can these toys help with child development?

Yes, these toys are designed to stimulate and encourage child development in various areas such as fine motor skills, problem-solving abilities, creativity, and imagination. They can also help with hand-eye coordination and cognitive development.

4. Are these toys environmentally friendly?

Many of these toys are made with eco-friendly materials and are produced in an environmentally responsible manner. However, it is important to check the product description or packaging for specific information on the toy's environmental impact.

5. Do these toys come with any warranties or guarantees?

Most reputable toy companies offer warranties or guarantees for their products. It is important to check with the manufacturer or retailer for specific information on the warranty or guarantee for the toy you are interested in purchasing.