News Your opinion about Mr.Zapatero

  • Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
Dayle Record said:
Communism and socialism have an identical goal, reducing humanity to worker ants in a “utopian” nest.

Why doesn't anyone get Wasteofo's great humor, and cynicism, why so obtuse? I know, now that it is known that he is a student, the older males in the heirarchy can pretend to not notice him, and make obtuse comments, while munching termites off their little termite twigs.
1) I'm also a student, not an older male.

2) Yes, I understand the humor and sincerity of Wasteofo.

3) I didn't make any obtuse comment.

4) I did notice him, and answered him.
 

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
Mercator said:
Unemployment fell by 61,300 in the third quarter of this year and now stands at 10.54%, the lowest rate since the fourth quarter of 2001. The latest figures from the national statistics office show a fall from 10.93% in the second quarter and 11.38% in the first. During the third quarter, a total of 190,400 jobs were created, while the working population grew by 129,100 people. Over the last 12 months, unemployment has fallen by 83,300, and the total number of new jobs created has been 422,600. There are now a total of 2,031,000 unemployed people in Spain."
http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/7218
You can say all what you want. If the unemployment has decreased, yes maybe you and your data are right. But do not think it has been by means of the economic estrategy of Zapatero. He hasn't got any economic plans except to get spain into a bankrupt spending money in stupid affairs, all directed to minories and independentists. He doesn't love Spain, he doesn't want an united Spain, moreover he is nearer now comunism than centered positions. Some time has passed from my last conversation here, and I have realized of the complete inutility of our prime minister and his cabinet.

God bless spanish people, because we'll need divine help in order to not to fall into despair and bankrupt due to our stupid prime minister.
 
M

Mercator

Clausius, you have right to your opinion. But figures are what they are and if someone wants to abuse the truth for their own agenda, we reveal it. And the person in question hides.
 
Clausius2 said:
To those who don't know who is Mr. Zapatero, he is the Prime Minister of Spain. He won the 14th March presidential elections, beating Mr. Jose María Aznar. Please, say what you want about the Spanish goverment and our prime minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. You can comment what you want about the nowadays changes in our new relationship with the U.S.A., and our new friendly position with France and Germany.

I'm anxious for knowing your opinions.
...haven't read many of the other replies, but I wish we had a PM in Canada like Zapatero... or Chavez (of Venezuela) or Lula (Brazil) or Castro, Nestor (Argentina), etc etc. :frown: I want us to have a new relationship with Germany & France, etc...

The current scum in Ottawa has been selling us out relentlessly to the US since WWII for sure, maybe earlier, like ~1915. (Trudeau was on the right track, but didn't go nearly far enough with what he did)
 

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
fourier jr said:
...haven't read many of the other replies, but I wish we had a PM in Canada like Zapatero... or Chavez (of Venezuela) or Lula (Brazil) or Castro, Nestor (Argentina), etc etc. :frown: I want us to have a new relationship with Germany & France, etc...
I'm newly so shamed to view my country in that horrble group you mentioned. Notwithstanding my prime minister is the most stupid one that we had have, Spain has nothing to do with Venezuela, Cuba, Argentina and Brazil. Don't compare us and our society with those sub-pre-historical guys because I'll get angry.
 
M

Mercator

Clausius, can you give us a few facts? So far I only see that he reversed some reactionary policies of his predecessor, the economy does well, unemployment goes down, a majority of Spaniards support him. Yet you seem to hate him. Perhaps you support the following, and that would explain everything: " (About Aznar) A devout Catholic, the Popular Party leader took a tough stance against gay marriage and abortion. His conservative government passed a law making Catholic classes mandatory in public schools and fought to include the mention of Christianity in the European Constitution"
 

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
Mercator said:
Clausius, can you give us a few facts? So far I only see that he reversed some reactionary policies of his predecessor, the economy does well, unemployment goes down, a majority of Spaniards support him.
The economy does not go well, there is an excess in public expenditures (maybe to gain more votes), and it is going to cause a huge deficit (the proper goverment stated that). Unemployment is going down, but it is prone to go so because of the economic inertia of the last government economic policy. A majority of spaniards? I don't think so. They haven't got any majority in the parliament. As a matter of fact, they have to come up with settlements with minoritary parties (most of them independentists parties like ERC (esquerra republicana de Cataluña), PNV (national basque partie), and so on. This policy is deteriorating our democracy, because the minority is governing now indeed.


Mercator said:
Perhaps you support the following, and that would explain everything: " (About Aznar) A devout Catholic, the Popular Party leader took a tough stance against gay marriage and abortion. His conservative government passed a law making Catholic classes mandatory in public schools and fought to include the mention of Christianity in the European Constitution"
You are writing this to sound like super conservative measures. Aznar was in a centered position. And yes, I prefer to have a proper identity and show it to the rest of the world (we are christians) rather than leave my country available for muslims and their islamic integrism. Why is a sin to have a christian identity but having a muslim identity is well seen by some idiots? Why Spain, who has a great historical backround in christianism, catholicism, who got rid of the arabs who conquered our terrains, why do we have to be shamed for being christians??

And yes, I prefer to see a hospital built with public expenditures rather than the State financing operations for change of sex and abortive operations.

In fact our goverment, due to the minority policy I have mentioned above, hasn't got a proper personality, and is unable to establish an economic plan for the whole nation. Mercator, you must know that here doesn't exist any conservative position like Bush. It's impossible. Also Aznar was very more centered than you've put across here.
 
M

Mercator

Sorry, Clausius, I respect your OPINION. It's a pity that you cannot support it whith facts.
 

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
A fact: Zapatero has forbidden Catholic classes at schools, but he has allowed to teach muslim religion there. Surprising, isn't it?
 
M

Mercator

Clausius2 said:
A fact: Zapatero has forbidden Catholic classes at schools, but he has allowed to teach muslim religion there. Surprising, isn't it?
Ahemmm... any links?
 
M

Mercator

Perhaps you mean this;

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1001/p07s02-woeu.htm

Last week, his administration announced plans for a "road map" that would treat all religions equally under the law, remove religious symbols from public spaces, and end compulsory religious instruction in public schools.

Another deliberate attempt to prove whatever point you want to make by abusing the facts? Or do you mean that your religion should be more equal than another one's?
 

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
Mercator said:
Or do you mean that your religion should be more equal than another one's?
Of course If you mean my religion has to be more present in spanish culture than islamic religion. Of course again, the majority of us are christians. It's a question of common sense.
 
M

Mercator

Clausius2 said:
Of course If you mean my religion has to be more present in spanish culture than islamic religion. Of course again, the majority of us are christians. It's a question of common sense.
You don't read, do you?

So again:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1001/p07s02-woeu.htm

"The church has long had a monopoly on morality," says Mayoral, "but now there is not just one religion, but a plurality of faiths." He notes that today less than 30 percent of Spaniards identify themselves as practicing Catholics, while roughly 70 percent did 25 years ago.
The country's religious composition now is also far more diverse: There are an estimated 1,000,000 Muslims and more than 2,000,000 Protestants living within Spain's borders.




And I did not say that your religion has no right to be more PRESENT. Do you understand equal treatment versus equally present?
Anyway, you cannot give substance to your original claim, so what is your real agenda here? Is your family name Franco?
 
1,792
163

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,436
5
Mercator said:
You don't read, do you?

So again:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1001/p07s02-woeu.htm

"The church has long had a monopoly on morality," says Mayoral, "but now there is not just one religion, but a plurality of faiths." He notes that today less than 30 percent of Spaniards identify themselves as practicing Catholics, while roughly 70 percent did 25 years ago.
The country's religious composition now is also far more diverse: There are an estimated 1,000,000 Muslims and more than 2,000,000 Protestants living within Spain's borders.

And I did not say that your religion has no right to be more PRESENT. Do you understand equal treatment versus equally present?
Anyway, you cannot give substance to your original claim, so what is your real agenda here? Is your family name Franco?
Be sure I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here. Do not say stupid things, because I will have to name you STUPID instead of FRANCO. Measure your words, Mercator. I haven't got anymore to say to you. So please do not write here never again.
 
M

Mercator

Clausius2 said:
Be sure I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here. Do not say stupid things, because I will have to name you STUPID instead of FRANCO. Measure your words, Mercator. I haven't got anymore to say to you. So please do not write here never again.
If you want to be taken serious, then give facts, figures, references about the bad deeds of Zapatero. But apparently you cannot.
Frankly spoken, it is about time that a Zapatero comes along in Spain. Your sacred catholic heritage has brought us niceties like the inquisition, brutal colonisation in the name of christ, invasion of a.o. my country and the last dictatorship in Western Europe. If you are proud of that, that's your problem. But Europe has changed and luckily so did most of your country. We don't need that catholic fundamentalism anymore. And if you like it or not, your country is being made secular at last. I pity people that need to vent their frustration because they are loosing their unearned favourite treatment, on a foreign website, but are too stiff to even consider that perhaps somebody does not agree with them. What a disgrace it must be for such a person that the most beautiful buildings in his country are not catholic, but Islamic; the Alhambra.
 
M

Mercator

And it's agreed I will not write here never again.
 
M

Mercator

BTW, you started this thread so called to know the opinion of the people here on Mr. Zapatero, but when the reactions do not fit your preassumptions, you start whining. If your opinion is that " Zapatero can do as many good things that he likes, I am a right wing conservative catholic and I will never approve of a man like Zapatero", then just say it and we don't need to spend any more time on such an obviously biased piece of nonsense and you can aslo spend more time in church.
 
Be sure I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here. Do not say stupid things, because I will have to name you STUPID instead of FRANCO. Measure your words, Mercator. I haven't got anymore to say to you. So please do not write here never again.
__________________

If this is how you treat people I need not waste my time posting my feelings and views on the topic. You have no right to ask him to "not write here ever again" its called a free forum. Perhaps the current socialism in your country is blurring the meaning of freedom for you. You seem to have a problem reading a report from a foreigner about your country but you read reports from your media about OUR country, how is this different? Also I, along with just about every other American (if not EVERY) on these forums go to the links provided by you and other Europeans. I can not even believe you would say what you said in that last post.
"I will have to name you stupid" real nice.

"please do not write here ever again" and you have the right to say this?

"I am not going to waste any minute at reading a report made by a foreigner about my country. I know better than him what is happening here."

We know plenty well what is happening in America but you seemed to like to comment on our election, not to mention MANY other things. How is that different?
 
Last edited:

Evo

Mentor
22,860
2,336
This thread has become a religious battle, closed.
 

Related Threads for: Your opinion about Mr.Zapatero

  • Posted
Replies
9
Views
5K
Replies
18
Views
3K
Replies
2
Views
452
  • Posted
Replies
7
Views
2K
  • Posted
2 3
Replies
55
Views
7K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top