Your opinion about buying a new desktop PC case?

• Thread starter The_Absolute
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Desktop pc
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a link to view hardware specifications for a desktop PC, potential upgrades to the computer including a new case and aftermarket cooling options, and the compatibility of the current m-ATX motherboard with a Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower case. The conversation also addresses concerns about power usage and overheating, with the conclusion that the HAF 932 is a highly sought-after and suitable case for gaming computers.
The_Absolute
Use this link to see hardware specifications for my desktop PC.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/gateway-f...?tag=mncol;rnav

Due to a misunderstanding concerning the store warranty which was cleared up today, I discovered that buying a new case for my PC will not void the warranty of my Gateway FX 6710-01 gaming computer. I was hoping to upgrade to a Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower case. I would like to know if my m-ATX motherboard would be compatible with the mounts inside the new case. As well as all the other components.

Since my old, stock case has very little to absolutely no airflow, which causes overheating especially with my graphics card. Will I notice a temperature drop with the HAF 932? Will most aftermarket CPU coolers and very large graphics cards physically fit inside this case? How much power do all the fans in the new case take up all together? I used to have the junk 400W PSU my PC came with, but recently upgraded to a Corsair TX 750. 750W PSU, Is that enough?

I heard that the Coolermaster HAF 932 is currently one of the most sought-after gaming computer case next to the Cosmos-S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Everything will mount fine inside the case. It has plenty of depth to it, so highly doubt you'll run into a situation where a CPU heat sink won't fit. A quick google search shows many different kinds of heat sinks used with them. Even the ones that usually have clearance issues. You should notice a considerable temperature difference if your current case is restrictive. The HAF 932 is an excellent case.

The fans don't use that much power. Each one typically only use anywhere from 1 to 2 watts. Your 750W power supply is plenty.

I cannot give a personal opinion on purchasing a new desktop PC case. However, based on the hardware specifications provided for your Gateway FX 6710-01 gaming computer, it seems that upgrading to a Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower case would be a good option. This case is known for its excellent airflow and cooling capabilities, which could help with your current overheating issues.

In terms of compatibility, the HAF 932 should be able to accommodate your m-ATX motherboard and other components such as aftermarket CPU coolers and large graphics cards. It is always recommended to double check compatibility before making a purchase, but based on the specifications, it seems like it should work with your current components.

In terms of power consumption, the HAF 932 has a total of four fans, which should not significantly impact your 750W PSU. It is always best to have a higher wattage PSU to accommodate any future upgrades or additional components.

Overall, the Coolermaster HAF 932 is a popular choice for gaming computer cases and based on its features and compatibility with your current components, it seems like a good option for you. As always, it is important to do thorough research and make sure that the case meets your specific needs and preferences.

1. Is it necessary to buy a new desktop PC case?

It depends on your individual needs and preferences. If your current PC case is still functioning well and meets your needs, then it may not be necessary to buy a new one. However, if you want to upgrade your computer or if your current case is damaged or outdated, then buying a new one may be a good idea.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a new desktop PC case?

When choosing a new desktop PC case, you should consider factors such as size, compatibility with your components, ventilation and cooling options, expansion slots, and design. It is important to choose a case that will fit your components and provide adequate airflow to prevent overheating.

3. How much should I spend on a new desktop PC case?

The price of a new desktop PC case can vary greatly depending on the brand, features, and size. It is important to set a budget and consider your needs before making a purchase. You can find good quality cases for a reasonable price, but keep in mind that a higher price may also mean higher quality and more features.

4. Can I transfer all my components to a new desktop PC case?

In most cases, you should be able to transfer all your components to a new desktop PC case. However, it is important to check the compatibility of your components with the new case, especially the motherboard size and the number of expansion slots. It is also a good idea to consult the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.

5. Are there any benefits to buying a new desktop PC case?

Yes, there are several benefits to buying a new desktop PC case. It can provide better ventilation and cooling for your components, which can improve performance and prolong their lifespan. A new case can also allow for easier cable management and provide room for expansion and upgrades in the future. Additionally, a new case can give your computer a fresh and updated look.