Saddam was captured by Kurds, not US

by Adam
Tags: captured, kurds, saddam
Adam
Dec23-03, 09:24 AM
P: 454
Ousted Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was captured by Kurdish forces, then drugged and handed over to the American forces as a revenge against the rape of a tribal chief's daughter by the tyrant's psychopathic eldest son Uday, a media report said today.
http://sify.com/news/international/f...hp?id=13341763
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
Njorl
Dec23-03, 10:07 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 875
Their editor did a poor job. (Emphasis is mine)

[q]Saddam was betrayed to the Kurds by a member of the al-Jabour tribe [B}whose daughter was "defiled"[/B] by Uday, the report quoting a senior British military intelligence officer said.

The tribe threatened to take revenge. As soon as he heard the news, Saddam visited the family of the dead man and paid them 7 million pounds in blood money with the chilling warning: "If you try to take revenge you will force me to wipe out the al-Jabour tribe."

[/q]

I think they started with a fake story about a murdered son, then changed it to a "defiled daughter", but forgot to change it everywhere.

EDIT- I see, the husband gets shot 3 paragraphs later. Bad writing, not necessarily bad fakery.

Njorl
Monique
Dec23-03, 10:20 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,612
See recent thread: Who captured Saddam Hussein?

Register to reply