Register to reply

Saddam was captured by Kurds, not US

by Adam
Tags: captured, kurds, saddam
Share this thread:
Adam
Dec23-03, 09:24 AM
P: 454
Ousted Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was captured by Kurdish forces, then drugged and handed over to the American forces as a revenge against the rape of a tribal chief's daughter by the tyrant's psychopathic eldest son Uday, a media report said today.
http://sify.com/news/international/f...hp?id=13341763
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
Njorl
Dec23-03, 10:07 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 875
Their editor did a poor job. (Emphasis is mine)

[q]Saddam was betrayed to the Kurds by a member of the al-Jabour tribe [B}whose daughter was "defiled"[/B] by Uday, the report quoting a senior British military intelligence officer said.

The tribe threatened to take revenge. As soon as he heard the news, Saddam visited the family of the dead man and paid them 7 million pounds in blood money with the chilling warning: "If you try to take revenge you will force me to wipe out the al-Jabour tribe."

[/q]

I think they started with a fake story about a murdered son, then changed it to a "defiled daughter", but forgot to change it everywhere.

EDIT- I see, the husband gets shot 3 paragraphs later. Bad writing, not necessarily bad fakery.

Njorl
Monique
Dec23-03, 10:20 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
See recent thread: Who captured Saddam Hussein?

Register to reply