What falling in love feels like to you

by Loren Booda
Tags: falling, feels, love
Loren Booda
Aug26-07, 11:32 PM
P: 3,408
Being drawn to a stranger's voice across the room. No doubting that "this is love." Eyes longing for each other, a sharing of moist breath and iris' pulse. A real, Native magic.

A rare touch eliciting truth in unconditional positive regard. Desiring to follow her naturally seductive lead. Heaven on earth. Lasting memories after years of pent-up passion.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
Danger
Aug26-07, 11:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,961
It used to just mean 'pain'. Then W came along. I wanted nothing to do with her, and tried to avoid her at all costs, but she stalked me into submission. After the first 6 months or so of living together, I got comfortable. Now, after 2 years, I'm firmly in love with her. It doesn't feel like any of the previous hormone-dictated situations. She's somene that I can just be me with... fart in bed, scratch my *** when it itches, keep drinking when she says that I've had enough... typical wife stuff.
Speaking of which, I'd best log out now and go down to bed before I get treated to the 'rolling pin persuasion'.
En_lizard
Aug27-07, 02:14 AM
P: 65
captivity

Reshma
Aug27-07, 09:57 AM
P: 777
Wink

What falling in love feels like to you

I have something rather humorous to share.

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.

~Neil Gaiman
I don't know, somehow I like what the guy is saying.
radou
Aug27-07, 11:16 AM
HW Helper
P: 3,225
Wow, love definitely sucked for the Neil Gaiman fellow.
Mk
Aug27-07, 02:22 PM
P: 2,057
Quote Quote by Reshma View Post
I have something rather humorous to share.
Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.

~Neil Gaiman
I don't know, somehow I like what the guy is saying.
I love it.
TeTeC
Aug28-07, 02:38 AM
P: 49
Ah ah ! I hate love. Great sentence...
zoobyshoe
Aug28-07, 04:53 AM
P: 5,616

Astronuc
Aug28-07, 06:26 AM
Admin
P: 21,625
Jimmy Snyder
Aug28-07, 06:39 AM
P: 2,163
When I was a younger man, I fell in love on a regular basis. It seemed a pleasant experience at the time. But I have been standing in love for the past 19 years and I look back on that era as a huge waste.
jmnew51
Aug28-07, 08:25 AM
P: 96
Quote Quote by jimmysnyder View Post
But I have been standing in love for the past 19 years and I look back on that era as a huge waste.
When I was a younger man, falling in love was some of the most cherished feelings I can remember.

You know, finally getting to go on a date with that special someone you've had your eye on for some time. Then making out and..... that night...

Then.........

OMG the preoccupation with the night before, all day at work, the next day!!!!!

I would give my right arm to relive some of those moments, even though I was usually the one to get hurt 90% of the time.

Jim
Pythagorean
Aug28-07, 05:17 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,180
I think there's two kind of love and the more you lean towards one or the other, it becomes less like love and more like something else:

the first kind is the instinctual love, the infatuation, the hormones, which is steps away from lust.

the second is the intellectual love, the kind of faith and trust you build up with something. Perhaps a platonic relationship.

As I get older, the frequency and intensity of instinctual love has greatly decreased and long-lasting platonic relationships have showed to be more stable and not intense at all. Grass is always greener, I guess. Less drama = less fun.
zoobyshoe
Aug28-07, 06:15 PM
P: 5,616
rewebster
Aug28-07, 06:35 PM
P: 880
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
ahhh--Those pleasurable endorphins!

(with such a GREAT photo that Astronuc found, I thought that re-posting the link to that song would be appropriate here--for the visual and auditory effect)

http://bedazzled.blogs.com/bedazzled...ingfield_1.mp3
Evo
Aug28-07, 06:45 PM
Mentor
P: 25,920
I'm through with love. I'm just looking for someone that can tolerate me.

Also, my older daughter "spawn" who's birthday is also today, reminded me she gave me the fruitbat and that's all the love I need in life.

I reminded her that he's a little dog and might only have another 8 years to live. She assured me I'd die first, so won't have to worry about it. She always knows how to cheer me up.
rewebster
Aug28-07, 06:53 PM
P: 880
Quote Quote by Evo View Post

Also, my older daughter "spawn" who's birthday is also today, reminded me she gave me the fruitbat and that's all the love I need in life.

I reminded her that he's a little dog and might only have another 8 years to live. She assured me I'd die first, so won't have to worry about it. She always knows how to cheer me up.
WHAT?????

(he's a lucky dog to have you!--

---and little dogs live longer--fruitbat?--what is it?-a terrier?)

(evo-you may want to clear some messages again--download them if you want to save them)

(listen to that song I linked on that other post a few more times)
Astronuc
Aug28-07, 06:54 PM
Admin
P: 21,625
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
No! You're too young to give up! And you should expect more than toleration from a relationship.

You need to sit down and have a long talk with her.
mathwonk
Aug28-07, 10:28 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 9,421
sort of like proving a theorem, you're happy all over and wonder if it can really be true.

Register to reply