Register to reply

America's Team

by ndnkyd
Tags: america, team
Share this thread:
ndnkyd
Feb10-10, 01:42 PM
P: 6
I live in Baton Rouge, work in New Orleans, from LA. I was born a Saints fan so you can imagine my excitement. I heard a few sources stating N.O. Saints are America's New Team, sorry Dallas. My expectation is that you would state your agreement or disagreement and give your reasoning. Thank you.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
MotoH
Feb10-10, 01:51 PM
P: 237
No. I will not have my country associated with the french in any way, shape or form.

Freakin' French!
leroyjenkens
Feb10-10, 02:11 PM
P: 539
so you can imagine my excitement.
Not really. Unless you bet on them, I don't see how you benefit from it at all, thus I don't know what there is to be excited about.

Dembadon
Feb10-10, 02:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 641
America's Team

Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
Not really. Unless you bet on them, I don't see how you benefit from it at all, thus I don't know what there is to be excited about.
Are you a Vulcan or something?

It's pretty common to share in the joy/excitement of the success of one's favorite team, player, organization, etc.
BobG
Feb10-10, 02:36 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,280
Quote Quote by ndnkyd View Post
I heard a few sources stating N.O. Saints are America's New Team, sorry Dallas. My expectation is that you would state your agreement or disagreement and give your reasoning. Thank you.
Well, I have my doubts that either Dallas or New Orleans could replace these folks as America's Team.

Still, I'm kind of impressed that people from Dallas and New Orleans even know what ice is.
ndnkyd
Feb10-10, 02:49 PM
P: 6
Quote Quote by MotoH View Post
No. I will not have my country associated with the french in any way, shape or form.
Your bitterness will not change the culture of the region.
lisab
Feb10-10, 03:06 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990

Freakin' French!
Why don't you go to France and learn about it first-hand before you make any sort of proclamaitons? Or at the very least, read a book about it.
Ivan Seeking
Feb10-10, 03:19 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by ndnkyd View Post
I live in Baton Rouge, work in New Orleans, from LA. I was born a Saints fan so you can imagine my excitement. I heard a few sources stating N.O. Saints are America's New Team, sorry Dallas. My expectation is that you would state your agreement or disagreement and give your reasoning. Thank you.
Congrats to the Saints and New Orleans!

Dallas was America's team? Maybe South America. Dallas has always been one of my least favorite teams.
BobG
Feb10-10, 03:27 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,280
Actually, my dad lives in Baton Rouge, so I had to root for New Orleans just because he did.

Although he is kind of fickle. Until this year, he rooted for Indianapolis. If New Orleans had a mediocre team, at least he could root for a team quarterbacked by the son of a great New Orleans quarterback. I was kind of wondering which team he would wind up rooting for - Peyton Manning or the Saints.

Personally, it's Broncos all the way, for me.
Gokul43201
Feb10-10, 03:34 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Why don't you go to France and learn about it first-hand before you make any sort of proclamaitons? Or at the very least, read a book about it.
Lisa, you've just flitted away 30 seconds of your life - still got a long ways to go to catch up with me though!

PS: I wouldn't mind making a few proclamaitons myself. They sound sexy, in a French kind of way.
MotoH
Feb10-10, 03:37 PM
All the French know about is building cities underwater and loosing wars!

Freaking French!
Brian_C
Feb10-10, 03:40 PM
P: 261
The Dallas Cowboys are and have always been America's Team. The Saints will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.
Saladsamurai
Feb10-10, 03:46 PM
P: 3,016

Freaking French!
Wow....you are kind of retarded huh. It was nice of PF to let you tag along though wasn't it? They are so compassionate.; it really warms the heart.
mgb_phys
Feb10-10, 03:47 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,953
I must say we are all terribly grateful that they won in 1775–1783, otherwise we would be forced to play silly football as well.

"levee", from the French word levée (from the feminine past participle of the French verb lever, "to raise") - doesn't say anything about making them watertight?
Tip for next time, get the Dutch in - terribly nice people and they do a very good job of making your country waterproof.
MotoH
Feb10-10, 03:58 PM
The Dutch may be able to make things watertight, but they sure. . . Well I really have nothing bad to say about the Dutch. Nice people really.
berkeman
Feb10-10, 04:03 PM
Mentor
P: 41,113

Freaking French!
What do you think about Chuck Yeager?
MotoH
Feb10-10, 04:07 PM
Quote Quote by berkeman View Post
What do you think about Chuck Yeager?
Well he did break the sound barrier, so he seems like a nice man.

Does he have French ancestry?
turbo
Feb10-10, 04:12 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Don't like French people? The don't come to Maine for a vacation. Many of us are descended from the French traders and trappers that colonized Canada and intermarried with Indian women. The Cajuns (Acadians) that populate Louisiana started out in the Maritimes until they were driven out by the British.

BTW, if the French had not provided financial support to the colonists and supplied them with nice Charleville muskets, you'd be sipping tea and singing God Save the Queen. Learning a little American history can take you a long way...

Register to reply