Register to reply

Nerd lover!

by bd7878
Tags: dating
Share this thread:
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:06 PM
P: n/a
I always get asked out by these alpha male wall street types, but I really dig men who are very smart and somewhat dorky! I know this is a bizarre ask, but how do I attract these types of men - in that where are they?

I live in NYC and run in a somewhat superficial crowd - but I really am interested in ending up with a man of science. I am the type of girl who gets noticed - tall, blond + attractive - not bragging just thought that might be part of it. Often people tell me that I am nicer than they thought I would be?? I may look like a mean girl but I really am not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please take this in the spirit is intended - I am asking for advice not trying to sound stuck on myself.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
NobodySpecial
Nov6-10, 09:09 PM
P: 474
goto xkcd.org
make T shirt of any cartoon
only talk to men who understand the joke
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:09 PM
also the issue is not my intelligence - i was in the G+T in school (98%) growing up and am very smart

Evo
Nov6-10, 09:11 PM
Mentor
P: 26,557
Nerd lover!

Quote Quote by bd7878 View Post
I live in NYC and run in a somewhat superficial crowd .
I think that answers your question. Why are you in that type of crowd if that's not the type of person you want to be with?
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:15 PM
I work in entertainment PR - I go to events and things like that. I am asking for ideas on places or activities that will put me in more contact with the type of person I am interested in.
Math Is Hard
Nov6-10, 09:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Cronxeh sure picked a fine time to disappear. He's in NYC, and he loves blondes.
Evo
Nov6-10, 09:23 PM
Mentor
I work in entertainment PR - I go to events and things like that. I am asking for ideas on places or activities that will put me in more contact with the type of person I am interested in.
Do you have any academic or scientific interests that you could get involved in?

Honestly, there is no particular place intelligent people hang out socially. I think you will find that the people here are quite a diverse crowd, some go to libraries and others are into extreme sports.
rootX
Nov6-10, 09:24 PM
P: 1,294
NYC should have colleges which will be good places to meet those kind of people .. ? Co-incidentally I was searching universities in NYC and believe there are some.
Dr Lots-o'watts
Nov6-10, 09:37 PM
P: 674
Go to a coffeehouse and read a scientist biography. I'd be intrigued anyway (because I've never seen a blond girl do that).
DaveC426913
Nov6-10, 09:38 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by NobodySpecial View Post
goto xkcd.org
make T shirt of any cartoon
only talk to men who understand the joke
DaveC426913
Nov6-10, 09:39 PM
P: 15,319
1. Go to PF.
2. Say hi.
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:42 PM
i appreciate all your ideas - thanks keep them coming
lisab
Nov6-10, 09:59 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
NYC should have colleges which will be good places to meet those kind of people .. ? Co-incidentally I was searching universities in NYC and believe there are some.
Find a nearby university and go to a seminar - they're free. You can find a schedule on the department website.
rootX
Nov6-10, 09:59 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Find a nearby university and go to a seminar - they're free. You can find a schedule on the department website.
I might be in NYC for few months and thus was finding few courses there

OP enroll in a physics course!
bd7878
Nov6-10, 10:04 PM
i have been out of uni for almost a decade though... i do love physics and find it so interesting, but i'm not qualified in any capacity to take classes?
Evo
Nov6-10, 10:10 PM
Mentor
If you're in NY, carry small cans of sardines, physicists love them.
bd7878
Nov6-10, 10:11 PM
thanks - i knew there must be some easy solution... should i bring crackers as well?
lisab
Nov6-10, 10:17 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
thanks - i knew there must be some easy solution... should i bring crackers as well?

Register to reply