Register to reply

Nerd lover!

by bd7878
Tags: dating
Share this thread:
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:06 PM
P: n/a
I always get asked out by these alpha male wall street types, but I really dig men who are very smart and somewhat dorky! I know this is a bizarre ask, but how do I attract these types of men - in that where are they?

I live in NYC and run in a somewhat superficial crowd - but I really am interested in ending up with a man of science. I am the type of girl who gets noticed - tall, blond + attractive - not bragging just thought that might be part of it. Often people tell me that I am nicer than they thought I would be?? I may look like a mean girl but I really am not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please take this in the spirit is intended - I am asking for advice not trying to sound stuck on myself.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
NobodySpecial
Nov6-10, 09:09 PM
P: 474
goto xkcd.org
make T shirt of any cartoon
only talk to men who understand the joke
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:09 PM
also the issue is not my intelligence - i was in the G+T in school (98%) growing up and am very smart

Evo
Nov6-10, 09:11 PM
Mentor
P: 26,541
Nerd lover!

Quote Quote by bd7878 View Post
I live in NYC and run in a somewhat superficial crowd .
I think that answers your question. Why are you in that type of crowd if that's not the type of person you want to be with?
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:15 PM
I work in entertainment PR - I go to events and things like that. I am asking for ideas on places or activities that will put me in more contact with the type of person I am interested in.
Math Is Hard
Nov6-10, 09:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Cronxeh sure picked a fine time to disappear. He's in NYC, and he loves blondes.
Evo
Nov6-10, 09:23 PM
Mentor
I work in entertainment PR - I go to events and things like that. I am asking for ideas on places or activities that will put me in more contact with the type of person I am interested in.
Do you have any academic or scientific interests that you could get involved in?

Honestly, there is no particular place intelligent people hang out socially. I think you will find that the people here are quite a diverse crowd, some go to libraries and others are into extreme sports.
rootX
Nov6-10, 09:24 PM
P: 1,294
NYC should have colleges which will be good places to meet those kind of people .. ? Co-incidentally I was searching universities in NYC and believe there are some.
Dr Lots-o'watts
Nov6-10, 09:37 PM
P: 674
Go to a coffeehouse and read a scientist biography. I'd be intrigued anyway (because I've never seen a blond girl do that).
DaveC426913
Nov6-10, 09:38 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by NobodySpecial View Post
goto xkcd.org
make T shirt of any cartoon
only talk to men who understand the joke
DaveC426913
Nov6-10, 09:39 PM
P: 15,319
1. Go to PF.
2. Say hi.
bd7878
Nov6-10, 09:42 PM
i appreciate all your ideas - thanks keep them coming
lisab
Nov6-10, 09:59 PM
Mentor
P: 2,986
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
NYC should have colleges which will be good places to meet those kind of people .. ? Co-incidentally I was searching universities in NYC and believe there are some.
Find a nearby university and go to a seminar - they're free. You can find a schedule on the department website.
rootX
Nov6-10, 09:59 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Find a nearby university and go to a seminar - they're free. You can find a schedule on the department website.
I might be in NYC for few months and thus was finding few courses there

OP enroll in a physics course!
bd7878
Nov6-10, 10:04 PM
i have been out of uni for almost a decade though... i do love physics and find it so interesting, but i'm not qualified in any capacity to take classes?
Evo
Nov6-10, 10:10 PM
Mentor
If you're in NY, carry small cans of sardines, physicists love them.
bd7878
Nov6-10, 10:11 PM
thanks - i knew there must be some easy solution... should i bring crackers as well?
lisab
Nov6-10, 10:17 PM
Mentor
P: 2,986
thanks - i knew there must be some easy solution... should i bring crackers as well?

Register to reply