Flame Treatment Machine for Automotive Parts: Tips for Choosing the Right Burner

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a Flame Treatment Machine to improve the adhesion of adhesive shims on automotive parts. The speaker is planning to fabricate a Mesh Conveyor System and is considering using a Burner similar to those found in Ventless Gas Fireplaces as the flame source. However, there is a concern that the flame may flow upwards instead of downwards onto the parts. The desired dynes can be achieved in a few seconds under the flame. The speaker is seeking advice on which Burner to use and is recommended to consult a burner manufacturer such as Bloom Engineering to avoid any safety hazards.
68rs327
Flame Treatment Machine, need help...

I work for a automotive supplier company. I am needing to fabricate a Flame Treatment Machine to Flame Treat the Parts before applying a adhesive shim. The Flame Treatment Improves the Dynes of the parts for better adhersion of the shim. I am fabricating a Mesh
Conveyor System. I am thinking of using a Burner like those found on Ventless Gas Fireplaces to use as the flame source. My only concerns are that the flame needs to flow Down onto the parts and I was concerned the flame will flow UP from the Burner.
The parts would be placed on the wire mesh conveyor and would pass under the flame as the conveyor moves forward to achieve Flame Treatment. It only takes a few seconds under the flame to get the desired dynes. I need ideas on the Flame Burner and What would be Best to Use to have the flame blowing Down.

Engineering news on Phys.org

You should consult a burner manufacturer, like Bloom before you end up burning down your house and yourself.

http://www.bloomeng.com/

Thanks
Matt

1. What is a Flame Treatment Machine?

A Flame Treatment Machine is a device used in the manufacturing industry to improve the adhesion of certain materials, such as plastics, metals, and composites. It uses a high-intensity flame to alter the surface properties of the material, making it more receptive to adhesives, coatings, and printing.

2. How does a Flame Treatment Machine work?

A Flame Treatment Machine works by exposing the surface of a material to a controlled flame for a specific amount of time. The intense heat from the flame causes the surface molecules of the material to become more reactive, allowing for better bonding with other materials. The machine also has a conveyor system to ensure consistent treatment of the material.

3. What materials can be treated with a Flame Treatment Machine?

A Flame Treatment Machine can be used on a variety of materials, including plastics, metals, glass, and composites. It is commonly used in the production of automotive parts, packaging materials, and electronic components.

4. Are there any safety concerns with using a Flame Treatment Machine?

Yes, there are some safety precautions that need to be taken when using a Flame Treatment Machine. The high-intensity flame can be a fire hazard, so it is important to have proper ventilation and fire safety measures in place. Operators should also wear protective gear and follow proper training protocols.

5. What are the benefits of using a Flame Treatment Machine?

There are several benefits to using a Flame Treatment Machine. It can improve the adhesion of materials, leading to stronger and more durable products. It can also reduce the need for additional surface preparation, saving time and resources. Additionally, it is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to other surface treatment methods.