Plotting Points and Adding Best Fit Curve in Maple

In summary, the conversation is about a beginner in maple seeking help with creating a scatterplot and adding a bestfit curve, as well as learning how to add max/min extensions to the points. The person also mentions struggling with finding documentation for these features.
asfd
I'm quite a beginner in maple and I want to plots some points with a Scatterplot and add the bestfit curve but I can't get maple to put both in the same plot...:uhh: I'd also liek to know how to make a scatterplot with max/min extensions of evry points (I have no idea how you call these). Anybody can help me?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just curious - doesn't Maple come with documentation?

It does and I did manage to Display the scatterplot and fit curve but since I don't know how you call those Max-Min dots it's kinda hard to search for it...

1. What is Maple and what is it used for in scientific research?

Maple is a mathematical software program commonly used in scientific research for data analysis, visualization, and modeling. It is particularly useful for plotting data points and creating best fit curves to analyze trends and relationships between variables.

2. How do I plot data points in Maple?

To plot data points in Maple, you can use the plot command followed by the coordinates of your data points. For example, if your data points are (2,4), (5,7), and (8,10), you would enter the command plot([2,4],[5,7],[8,10]). This will create a scatter plot of your data points.

3. How do I add a best fit curve to my plot in Maple?

To add a best fit curve to your plot in Maple, you can use the curvefit command. This command takes in the coordinates of your data points and uses a regression algorithm to calculate the best fit line or curve. You can then use the display command to show both your data points and the best fit curve on the same plot.

4. Can I customize the appearance of my plot in Maple?

Yes, you can customize various aspects of your plot in Maple, such as the color, style, and size of your data points and best fit curve. You can also add axis labels, a title, and a legend to make your plot more informative and visually appealing.

5. Is it possible to export my plot from Maple for use in presentations or papers?

Yes, you can export your plot from Maple in various file formats, such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, or SVG. This allows you to use your plot in presentations, papers, or other documents outside of Maple.