by Anthony_87
Tags: gay, science
Share this thread:
Anthony_87
Dec25-11, 07:33 AM
P: 1
I've found a closed topic related to this:

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=177594

Still, I wonder what people think about gay people in science, or being gay in general.

I have gay and straight friends too, but only a few of them studies some field of science.
Do you have any thoughts? I've got confused... I know there are people who "can't understand being gay", that's ok, but I can't accept them insulting gay fellows just because of their homosexuality.

Any ideas are appreciated! :)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
chiro
Dec25-11, 07:53 AM
P: 4,573
Prejudice will always be around whenever people are divided.

Whether its homosexuality or something else, there is always going to be something. The thing however is that thankfully, many of these kinds of prejudices seem to be becoming more diluted as people come to accept things like sexual orientation, race, gender and whatever other kind of discrimination that might exist which is a good sign.
Anthony_87
Dec25-11, 08:00 AM
P: 1
I know what you mean. More and more seem to accept these things, still I'm not sure what exactly is behind those antigay, racist etc thoughts. Is it a function of social circumstances, or intelligence?

Evo
Dec25-11, 08:55 AM
Mentor
P: 26,552
Gay people in science

Gay people are no different than anyone else. There are many gay scientists on this forum and you'd never guess it if they didn't tell you.

Also, when you see a topic locked, it means don't start up the same topic without permission.

Register to reply