Register to reply

Really weird random effect...

by questionpost
Tags: effect, random, weird
Share this thread:
questionpost
Feb11-12, 07:12 PM
P: 198
One day I just put on my polarized sunglasses, and on the road, I looked at cumulonimbus cloud probably in the congestus stage in a system with many other cumulus clouds (those big puffy clouds), and a single giant cumulus cloud appeared yellow-ish when wearing the polarized sunglass, and I took them off for a second to see if it would make a difference, all of the sudden the cloud was no longer yellow and it was just plain white, and it was only that single cloud. I put my glasses back on and off, and the cloud kept switching between white and yellow.
Any explanation for why a single random cumulus cloud would change color with polarized sunglasses?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Mapping the optimal route between two quantum states
Spin-based electronics: New material successfully tested
Verifying the future of quantum computing
Drakkith
Feb12-12, 03:21 AM
Mentor
P: 11,601
I'd guess that the different wavelengths of light were being scattered and polarized differently in that particular cloud at the time.

Register to reply