Really weird random effect...

by questionpost
Tags: effect, random, weird
questionpost
Feb11-12, 07:12 PM
P: 198
One day I just put on my polarized sunglasses, and on the road, I looked at cumulonimbus cloud probably in the congestus stage in a system with many other cumulus clouds (those big puffy clouds), and a single giant cumulus cloud appeared yellow-ish when wearing the polarized sunglass, and I took them off for a second to see if it would make a difference, all of the sudden the cloud was no longer yellow and it was just plain white, and it was only that single cloud. I put my glasses back on and off, and the cloud kept switching between white and yellow.
Any explanation for why a single random cumulus cloud would change color with polarized sunglasses?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping
Drakkith
Feb12-12, 03:21 AM
PF Gold
P: 11,056
I'd guess that the different wavelengths of light were being scattered and polarized differently in that particular cloud at the time.

Register to reply