Age gap

by Adyssa
Tags: None
Share this thread:
MarcoD
Feb23-12, 09:17 AM
P: 98
Quote Quote by alt View Post
Not sure what you're concluding here .. that age differences are linked to promiscuity ? If so, I disagree.
Nah, just if that in the US, forty-fifty year age presidents can be married and have twenty year age lovers, and 'half' the actrices date people at least ten years older, I don't see where the problem can be. And that's the top of the iceberg.

I googled a bit. For marriages, Nicholas Cage & Alice Kim, married 40-20, Bo Derek married 18-48. Phil Collins & Cevey 44-22. So stable is normal too.

I don't think you should worry about age difference; nobody seems to care anyway.
CaptFirePanda
Feb23-12, 09:56 AM
P: 27
I'm not sure if Hollywood stars and US presidents should be used as a proxy for "normal".
turbo
Feb23-12, 10:05 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by CaptFirePanda View Post
I'm not sure if Hollywood stars and US presidents should be used as a proxy for "normal".
Probably not. Demi Moore went for an older partner not all that long ago, and then wen't 'way younger. People with money and public recognition often don't have conventional relationships age-wise or otherwise.
MarcoD
Feb23-12, 10:20 AM
Well, why would different rules apply to them? But, seriously, I've seen it a lot, and I am pretty sure that if you would visit some small town in Texas you will find something like a mechanic who ended up marrying his twenty years younger administrative help. Seriously, it happens everywhere because where people meet, romantic interests arise, and love is blind.

The only thing I know is that it usually doesn't last. Two friends I have ended up very unhappy because, well, they wanted to stay at home where the partner would want to go clubbing at that age, and those were the more serious relations. It's usually an infatuation for women at that age anyway.

(But sometimes it does work out. I've two, maybe three, acquaintances with larger than ten year age difference.)
turbo
Feb23-12, 10:28 AM
PF Gold
Age differences shrink as the partners get older. When I was in college, I moved in with a grad student several years older than me (she came on to me). None of my friends had a tut-tut party about that. They were pretty jealous for the most part. If we were still together, the "age difference" would be non-existent.
rvce
Feb24-12, 04:05 AM
P: 4
age wouldn't matter for her,if she is into u, she wouldn't even care if u are a boring sod. give it a try a see so later u won't keep thinking what if i had taken chance. my boy friend is 8 yrs elder to me. actually my ex. we broke up recently. all the while our problems weren't on age or he being boring. go out and try. you never know what its like on the other side unless u seen it.
nucleargirl
Feb24-12, 04:17 AM
P: 126
is it me or does adyssa sound totally hot? But also totally far away cos you are in Australia :p Anyway, I think you have nothing to worry about in terms of girls! Girls love slightly reserved guys! who take the time to get to know them - we don't friendzone every nice guy, come on!
Borek
Feb24-12, 04:31 AM
Admin
P: 23,579
lisab
Feb24-12, 09:12 AM
Mentor
P: 2,988
Quote Quote by CaptFirePanda View Post
True that.
MarcoD
Feb24-12, 09:17 AM
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
True that.
Hmpf. Personally, I think it only shows what goes on 'behind the curtains in a society', which is usually an awful lot more than anybody feels free to admit. I like to think I am not that hypocritical.
Vagrant
Feb24-12, 02:07 PM
P: 199
Quote Quote by nucleargirl View Post
is it me or does adyssa sound totally hot? But also totally far away cos you are in Australia :p Anyway, I think you have nothing to worry about in terms of girls! Girls love slightly reserved guys! who take the time to get to know them - we don't friendzone every nice guy, come on!
Especially one with a reformed bad boy aura! Very hot!
Adyssa
Feb24-12, 06:41 PM
P: 188
Oh stop it haha! I've left out the ugly bits.

So, she came into work yesterday in a summer dress with her hair out, I almost died. As if she could be any more perfect. I love a girl in a dress, just above the knee, sandals, most things left to the imagination, a little breeze to blow it around some.

Sigh... <3
MarcoD
Feb24-12, 08:22 PM
Quote Quote by Adyssa View Post
Oh stop it haha! I've left out the ugly bits.

So, she came into work yesterday in a summer dress with her hair out, I almost died. As if she could be any more perfect. I love a girl in a dress, just above the knee, sandals, most things left to the imagination, a little breeze to blow it around some.

Sigh... <3
Oh great. Can you now please go and find out whether she's interested? The gap ain't that big to really worry about, but you just might be too old for her to be interested in. So be a good boy and find out, and then stop swooning about it.

Sheesh.
Jimmy Snyder
Feb24-12, 08:27 PM
P: 2,179
I can't advise it. I'm 61 now, so you wouldn't think it would be such a big deal for me to go out with someone 9 years younger than I, but even in my case, my wife says no way.
MarcoD
Feb24-12, 08:32 PM
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
I can't advise it. I'm 61 now, so you wouldn't think it would be such a big deal for me to go out with someone 9 years younger than I, but even in my case, my wife says no way.
Ah. You're one of those. (In Dutch, labeled 'the man -holding the bags- behind the housewife,' taken at a convention for household appliances.)
Adyssa
Feb24-12, 10:41 PM
P: 188
^ haha! I know 'that guy'.

Quote Quote by MarcoD
Oh great. Can you now please go and find out whether she's interested? The gap ain't that big to really worry about, but you just might be too old for her to be interested in. So be a good boy and find out, and then stop swooning about it.

Sheesh.
A man can swoon, can't he? :)

I will see her at work in a few days and try to gauge her interest, if I can stop my knees from wobbling!
mcknia07
Feb24-12, 11:10 PM
P: 321
Gosh we all want to know already!!!!
turbo
Feb24-12, 11:13 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by mcknia07 View Post
Gosh we all want to know already!!!!
Such a little age-difference and such a potential for attraction...

Register to reply