Register to reply

What courses should I take to become a physicst.

by shaeshae
Tags: courses, physicst
Share this thread:
shaeshae
Mar12-12, 04:07 PM
P: 2
Hi, I'm new.

I'm enrolled in a community college and have decided to major in physics. I am really interested in astrophysics specifically but I'm not making any commitments yet. I would like to know what courses I should take. Any reccomendations and stuff like that.

Truethfully, math is very hard for me. I am self teaching myself the basics so I have a strong foundation. Next semester I will be taking calculus (hopefully). I just want to know a general idea of what should come next.

Also, if there is anyone out there who is willing to mentor me that would be AWESOME. I need someone who can guide me and be positive and also PATIENT. I'm a slow learner when it comes to math but this is just an obsticle I have to get over.

Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Earlier Stone Age artifacts found in Northern Cape of South Africa
Study reveals new characteristics of complex oxide surfaces
tpcgreg
Mar12-12, 04:14 PM
P: 5
I'm in engineering, not physics, but I know you need to take the entire calculus sequence (4 quarters, or 3 semesters) plus linear algebra and differential equations. You probably also need to take up through the highest physics course at your community college, which I believe is both semesters of physics in the engineering sequence, plus maybe one more semester. You really should talk to a counselor at your college, they would know what you need to take.
shaeshae
Mar12-12, 04:23 PM
P: 2
Thank you tpcqreq! And yes, I will be making an appointment with an advisor at my school I just wanted a general idea of what I was getting myself into.

Register to reply