Which Bootstrap Course is Best for Learning Frontend Web Development?

In summary, the person is struggling with frontend development and is looking for a mentor to guide them in learning. They have had trouble with bad resources in the past and are now asking for recommendations for a course that teaches bootstrap basics and guides them in building a website using html, css, and bootstrap. They are also wondering if they should focus on bootstrap 5 courses or if any course teaching bootstrap is sufficient. They plan to google and read until they have a better understanding.
shivajikobardan
TL;DR Summary
Best course on bootstrap to learn bootstrap for someone who requires more mentoring?
I'm struggling with frontend. Although my basics of html,css are clear, I'm having trouble in building websites and I'm just putting baby steps towards it(made my first simple html css site today). Thus a guidance from a mentor would be really helpful to me in learning. If I don't find any resources, my plan is to just google and read till I understand.

I want to ask this question because I wasted lots of time in the past in bad resources. I bought "CSS Cookbook", turns out it was heavily outdated. I bought Jonas's CSS course in udemy, turns out it wasn't right fit for me because it was unnecessarily project heavy. But imo you make projects on your own rather than by watching and copying others make projects.

So, recommend me a course that teaches bootstrap basics and maybe guide me towards building a website using html,css and bootstrap. I'm asking this question so that I don't waste more time on bad resources.

Should I focus on bootstrap 5 courses or courses teaching any bootstrap are alright to learn basics?

Technology news on Phys.org
shivajikobardan said:
my plan is to just google and read till I understand
That's pretty much how most people do it: Google it when you encounter a problem.

shivajikobardan said:
So, recommend me a course that teaches bootstrap basics and maybe guide me towards building a website using html,css and bootstrap.
I would start with this free W3Schools tutorial.

shivajikobardan said:
So, recommend me a course that teaches bootstrap basics and maybe guide me towards building a website using html,css and bootstrap.
Sorry, what is "bootstrap" in this context? I'm familiar with the term in several other contexts (including a circuit design context), but not in a CS context. Thanks.

berkeman said:
Sorry, what is "bootstrap" in this context?
Ironic that you can't self-start on this one! 😁 The W3Schools link in #2 has an intro.

• Informative
  • Haha
Likes Vanadium 50 and berkeman
Ibix said:
Ironic that you can't self-start on this one! 😁 The W3Schools link in #2 has an intro.
Thanks! In my defense, it looks like Bootstrap should have been capitalized in the OP and thread title (proper noun). :wink:

Likes Ibix

1. What is Bootstrap?

Bootstrap is a popular front-end framework for creating responsive and mobile-friendly websites. It includes pre-written HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code that can be easily customized to create modern and visually appealing websites.

2. Why should I learn Bootstrap?

Learning Bootstrap can greatly improve your web design and development skills. It offers a wide range of pre-built components and classes that make it easier to create consistent and professional-looking websites. It is also widely used by many companies, making it a valuable skill for job seekers.

3. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to learn Bootstrap?

While having some knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript can be helpful, it is not necessary to learn Bootstrap. Bootstrap has its own set of classes and components that can be used without extensive knowledge of these languages. However, having a basic understanding of these languages can make it easier to customize and troubleshoot your Bootstrap code.

4. Where can I learn Bootstrap?

There are many resources available for learning Bootstrap, including online tutorials, courses, and documentation on the official Bootstrap website. You can also find many books and video tutorials on the subject.

5. How long does it take to learn Bootstrap?

The time it takes to learn Bootstrap can vary depending on your prior knowledge and learning pace. With dedication and consistent practice, you can learn the basics of Bootstrap in a few weeks. However, mastering all of its features and components may take longer.