Register to reply

REU meet-ups; Post where you are going and meet your peers!

by mobilehobo
Tags: meet, meetups, peers
Share this thread:
ZapperZ
Mar30-12, 07:12 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Quote Quote by JaqAl View Post
It is through CCI, sir (essentially SULI, but open to community college students). I chose a project in the physics division (based on what I read of the project, I believe it falls under accelerator physics).
The "Physics Division" is more accurately known as the "Nuclear Physics Division", since that is the main thrust that it focuses on, especially with the ATLAS facility on site (not to be confused with the ATLAS detector at the LHC).

Note that if you are interested in accelerator physics, there is also the Lee Teng internship program jointly run by Fermilab/Argonne.

Zz.
d3nat
Mar31-12, 05:48 PM
P: 103
Quote Quote by mobilehobo View Post

I will be attending Penn State physics/materials program. I go to school in Kansas currently. Projects have not been determined, but I'm hoping to work in AMO physics.
I'm actually going to Kansas (State University) for my REU.
I'm currently studying abroad in London, and I've met several Penn State kids. They all love it there.

Projects not determined yet, but I want to do something w/ nuclear/accelerator physics, so I hope that there will be a project relatable to that.
mobilehobo
Mar31-12, 08:20 PM
P: 13
Quote Quote by d3nat View Post
I'm actually going to Kansas (State University) for my REU.
I'm currently studying abroad in London, and I've met several Penn State kids. They all love it there.

Projects not determined yet, but I want to do something w/ nuclear/accelerator physics, so I hope that there will be a project relatable to that.
I've been in Kansas all my life and even though it sounds weird, I really like it. Manhattan (KS that is) is fun college town and is a little more liberal then the rest of Kansas. Let me know if you have any Kansas questions!
ThatTallGirl
Apr1-12, 04:43 PM
P: 23
I'll be at Notre Dame working in nuclear physics. I do have a friend that got into Indiana's program (med phys).
Herricane
Apr2-12, 12:05 AM
P: 61
KSU REU in physics
d3nat
Apr11-12, 05:50 AM
P: 103
Quote Quote by mobilehobo View Post
I've been in Kansas all my life and even though it sounds weird, I really like it. Manhattan (KS that is) is fun college town and is a little more liberal then the rest of Kansas. Let me know if you have any Kansas questions!
Cool :) I'm interested to see how Manhattan is going to be. After living in London for 5-6 months, I'm a bit worried I'm going to miss the city life. Not that that has anything to do with my REU, but still. It's on my mind haha.

Quote Quote by Herricane View Post
KSU REU in physics
See you there! Though I arrive a week late :/

Register to reply