Register to reply

Contact surface - term

by Jack8rkin
Tags: contact, surface, term
Share this thread:
Apr24-12, 11:18 AM
P: 52
Hello everyone!
Help me please with selecting a correct term.
The situation is as follows:

There is a valve, which has a body and a bonnet.
There is a joint that connects the body to the bonnet.
There is a contacting surface on the bonnet flange and body flange that is used for sealing the inner cavity of the valve.
This surface looks like an annulus, or a ring and we have the area, inner diameter and outer diameter of it.
If translated from Russian it may sound as "sealing girdle", or "Sealing band".
Could it be "seal face"?

Could you please name the term that is used in the U.S.?
Hope, I made myself clear.

Thank you!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Student develops filter for clean water around the world
Developing the next evolution in underwater communication
Apr24-12, 01:27 PM
P: 145
seal face makes the most sense to me.
Apr24-12, 10:29 PM
P: 52
Thank you.

Register to reply

Related Discussions
Contact Area of Tires on surface Engineering, Comp Sci, & Technology Homework 0
Equations for surface-object contact. General Physics 3
Kinetic Energy of rod with lower end in contact with smooth surface Advanced Physics Homework 5
Bending stress of beam in contact with a flat surface? Introductory Physics Homework 0
Surface term General Math 11