Matlab: How to Remove Saved Paths

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter bmed90
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, to remove a saved path in Matlab, you can use the "rmpath" function. This can also be used to remove multiple saved paths at once by separating them with commas. To check which paths are currently saved, use the "path" function. It is possible to permanently remove a saved path by using the "rmpath" function with the "permanent" option. However, you cannot remove a path that is currently in use in Matlab.
bmed90
You know how sometimes a search engine will save your searches? Kind of how Matlab saves the paths you use. How do you delete that history? Does anyone know the command or how this is done? If so please enlighten me. I tried some tricks I saw on google but they did not seem to get the job done. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Really? Nobody knows how to do this? Surely someone has to

1. How do I remove a saved path in Matlab?

To remove a saved path in Matlab, you can use the "rmpath" function. Simply type "rmpath(path)" in the command window, where "path" is the name of the path you want to remove.

2. Can I remove multiple saved paths at once in Matlab?

Yes, you can remove multiple saved paths at once in Matlab by using the "rmpath" function with multiple path names separated by commas. For example, if you want to remove paths "path1", "path2", and "path3", you can type "rmpath(path1, path2, path3)" in the command window.

3. How can I check which paths are currently saved in Matlab?

To check which paths are currently saved in Matlab, you can use the "path" function. This will display a list of all the saved paths in the command window.

4. Is it possible to permanently remove a saved path in Matlab?

Yes, you can permanently remove a saved path in Matlab by using the "rmpath" function with the "permanent" option. This will remove the path from your current session and also delete it from your Matlab preferences so it will not be loaded in future sessions.

5. Can I remove a path that is currently in use in Matlab?

No, you cannot remove a path that is currently in use in Matlab. Attempting to do so will result in an error. Before removing a path, make sure it is not currently being used by any of your scripts or functions.