What font for the unicode used at PF?

by rcgldr
Tags: font, unicode
rcgldr is online now
Nov22-12, 06:35 PM
HW Helper
P: 6,931
I'm running IE8. What font do I need to see all the unicode symbols used here at Physics Forums? I'm currently using Times New Roman, which gets most of them, but I still see occasional square blocks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Internet co-creator Cerf debunks 'myth' that US runs it
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Solar-powered two-seat Sunseeker airplane has progress report
Borek is offline
Nov23-12, 01:44 AM
Borek's Avatar
P: 22,714
I think you will always get some square blocks, as I doubt PF filters the content the people post - as long as it is not part of the input sanitizing. I am using Arial and I don't remember seeing squares at PF - but first, I am not sure it is the standard Microsoft font file as I remember needing some additional characters and googling for the extended font, second, just because I don't remember something doesn't mean much, as my wife would be happy to confirm.

Register to reply

Related Discussions
Unicode: a few explanations Programming & Computer Science 2
font fanatics! What is this font? General Discussion 6
Unicode (UTF-8) for overlined characters Programming & Computer Science 4
All about Unicode /programming with Unicode [tutorial] Programming & Computer Science 4
Problem with unicode Forum Feedback & Announcements 6