Are you an xmas type person

by wolram
Tags: person, type, xmas
wolram
Dec20-12, 06:20 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,673
Do you get fully involved with the spirit of xmas, or could,nt you care less?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
EricVT
Dec20-12, 06:47 AM
P: 163
If the spirit of Christmas is spending time with loved ones then I certainly do embrace that.

However, I do not exchange gifts (mutual agreements) or worship a deity or any of the other things that Christmas is often also associated with. In those cases I might be considered a scrooge.
turbo
Dec20-12, 07:37 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
My wife and I spend little attention to this "holiday". We try to do something for the kids, but not presents. Presents are soon forgotten and lost. Get to take the kiddies out for some fun? They will remember that.

ZombieFeynman
Dec20-12, 01:21 PM
PF Gold
P: 241

Are you an xmas type person

I give winter solstice gifts, but not christmas.
Evo
Dec20-12, 02:04 PM
Mentor
P: 25,964
I used to get into all of the decorations, but after the year that my daughter's dog, the JAWS OF DEATH ate my entire collection of ornaments I had been collecting for over 20 years, I just stopped.
AnTiFreeze3
Dec20-12, 02:29 PM
P: 245
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
... ate my entire collection of ornaments ...
Is that even possible?!?
Evo
Dec20-12, 02:37 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by AnTiFreeze3 View Post
Is that even possible?!?
They were all on the tree, which she knocked over, what didn't break in the fall, she spent the rest of the night finishing off. They were homemade ornaments my mom made, some she had brought with her from France after WWII, I had started collecting special limited edition ornaments since the birth of each of my children, etc... They all had a meaning and memory attached. I was going to pass them on to my girls when they grew up.

Oh well.
wolram
Dec20-12, 03:03 PM
PF Gold
They were all on the tree, which she knocked over, what didn't break in the fall, she spent the rest of the night finishing off. They were homemade ornaments my mom made, some she had brought with her from France after WWII, I had started collecting special limited edition ornaments since the birth of each of my children, etc... They all had a meaning and memory attached. I was going to pass them on to my girls when they grew up.

Oh well.
I was going to send you a present but it would never reach you, it would be destroyed in some natural disaster or some other calamity .
Have a disaster free xmass
Evo
Dec20-12, 03:09 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by wolram View Post
I was going to send you a present but it would never reach you, it would be destroyed in some natural disaster or some other calamity .
Have a disaster free xmass
Hugs {{{{wolram}}}, it's the thought that counts. Are you spending christmas with your daughter?
wolram
Dec20-12, 03:15 PM
PF Gold
Hugs {{{{wolram}}}, it's the thought that counts. Are you spending christmas with your daughter?
YES i am spending christmas with Kia her hubby and my dad, we are pooling our cash to have
an dinner to remember.
Evo
Dec20-12, 03:21 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by wolram View Post
YES i am spending christmas with Kia her hubby and my dad, we are pooling our cash to have
an dinner to remember.
Aww, that sounds so nice.
Borek
Dec20-12, 03:45 PM
Admin
P: 22,712
What is christmas?
TheMadMonk
Dec20-12, 04:06 PM
P: 11
I'm not a Christian so I don't celebrate Christmas. I usually go into work on Christmas day just for the overtime.
gravenewworld
Dec20-12, 10:30 PM
P: 1,389
HATE Christmas. Too stressful, too much money. Thanksgiving is so much better, and is really what Christmas should be about.
turbo
Dec21-12, 12:15 AM
PF Gold
Xmas has never been been my favorite. I always preferred Thanksgiving because at least I got to visit with cousins, aunts, and uncles. No presents and silliness, just a nice day together.
Yayfordoritos
Dec21-12, 02:40 AM
P: 16
The only thing I find fun about xmas is spending time with family playing games, and also it's fun when there are little kids around. I'm not religious at all but I enjoy some of the xmas movies such as It's a Wonderful life, and Christmas Story.

Also my dad was a mall Santa for years, he thought it was the best job ever.
turbo
Dec21-12, 04:41 AM
PF Gold
This year, my wife asked the neighbors' grand-daughters if they would rather have presents or an afternoon with her. They both wanted the afternoon with her. Not a bad choice, since they will both get to go to lunch and a movie, and my wife will make it fun for them.
NemoReally
Dec21-12, 07:24 AM
P: 194
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
This year, my wife asked the neighbors' grand-daughters if they would rather have presents or an afternoon with her. They both wanted the afternoon with her. Not a bad choice, since they will both get to go to lunch and a movie, and my wife will make it fun for them.
Lunch and a movie sounds like rather a nice present!

In response to the original question, Ho, Ho, Ho ... Yes, I am, right down to the singing (well, making a noise anyway) in the congregation whilst my children contribute a rather better sound to the Choir. Tree up, Lights On, Presents Wrapped and Mince Pie / Sherry left out for Santa - there's nothing like a proper bit of Christmas Spirit!

Register to reply