Register to reply

Munkres Topology - Chapter 7 - Complete Metric Spaces and Function Spaces

by sammycaps
Tags: chapter, function, metric, munkres, spaces, topology
Share this thread:
sammycaps
Jan15-13, 06:50 AM
P: 91
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible (or advisable) to read Chapter 7 of Munkres (Complete Metric Spaces and Function Spaces) without having done Tietze Extension Theorem, the Imbeddings of Manifolds section, the entirety of Chapter 5 (Tychonoff Theorem) and the entirety of Chapter 6 (Metrization Theorems and Paracompactness)? I've done everything through The Urysohn Metrization Theorem (which is nearly the end of Chapter 4, right before Tietze Extension Theorem).

I expect the exercises might have some stuff from these areas, but flipping through the text quickly it *seems* I should be alright. But, I don't know. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
Tinyboss
Jan15-13, 06:51 PM
P: 234
I suggest you just start doing it, and if you come across some terms you don't understand, look them up in the index, get a handle on them, then return to where you were. You may have to recurse a few levels. That's how everybody reads math books anyway.
sammycaps
Jan15-13, 06:56 PM
P: 91
Quote Quote by Tinyboss View Post
I suggest you just start doing it, and if you come across some terms you don't understand, look them up in the index, get a handle on them, then return to where you were. You may have to recurse a few levels. That's how everybody reads math books anyway.
Alright, thanks!

Register to reply