Struggling to find a balance with final year workload

by dscot
Tags: balance, final, struggling, workload
Share this thread:
dscot
Jan23-13, 07:50 PM
P: 32
Hi all,

I was looking for some advice for my course as I have just entered the final semester of my final year and already find the workload overwhelming. I'm also trying to avoid leaving everything last minute like I usually do :)

This semester I have 5 classes and a thesis to write(as well as experimental work) , would anyone happen to have any advice on this best way to 'balance' all of this maybe from your own experiences?

How much revision should I do a day? Should I be trying to finish my experimental work before starting my write up? Should I have separate days allocated for thesis/revision or both on the same day? Should I have any days off?

I'm just looking for a general idea of how people find this balance as I never seem to get it right and cant afford to mess things up at this stage.

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
ZombieFeynman
Jan23-13, 11:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 305
Thats a stupendous load. Are any courses not needed for graduation?
dscot
Jan24-13, 04:10 AM
P: 32
I wish but I'm afraid they are all compulsory classes.

Hercuflea
Jan24-13, 09:17 AM
P: 336
Struggling to find a balance with final year workload

At this point you will just have to hold on, and seriously think about which classes need the most devotion and which ones you may be forced to (unfortunately) neglect. I am in the same situation, 5 math/physics/engineering classes and a capstone presentation. I should have dropped one but I don't want to get a W. I'd honestly take a C over a W.

Register to reply