Community College advice

by jai6638
Tags: advice, college, community
jai6638
Feb19-05, 01:21 PM
P: 269
hey.. am considering going to this community college in summer for doing my precalculus course... that way, my HS will be able to give me credit for it, enabling me to do a calculus course next academic year..

I wanted to know how community colleges are in general ?? are they good or should they be avoided?

thanks much...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Cougars' diverse diet helped them survive the Pleistocene mass extinction
Cyber risks can cause disruption on scale of 2008 crisis, study says
Mantis shrimp stronger than airplanes
so-crates
Feb19-05, 09:13 PM
P: 309
The one course I took at community college was not too good. It was not a math course however. Does your high school offer summer school in precalc? that might actually be a better way. I did this with geometry.
ktpr2
Feb19-05, 10:07 PM
P: 192
See if your teachers or people at the office can refer to anyone that can give you recomendations on community colleges in the area. You can take a course and take calc during high school, but it seems like you want to make sure you take a good precalc course :)

jai6638
Feb19-05, 10:43 PM
P: 269

Community College advice

Quote Quote by so-crates
The one course I took at community college was not too good. It was not a math course however. Does your high school offer summer school in precalc? that might actually be a better way. I did this with geometry.
they offer precalc in summer school but they dont give me credit for it which means that i would still have to do precalc for a whole year ..

it seems like you want to make sure you take a good precalc course :)
well im thinking that a proper understanding of the material taught in precalculus is essential to be good at calculus.. hence, i want to make sure that the course i take is good !
Eratosthenes
Feb20-05, 12:28 AM
P: 74
Check to see if a good professor is teaching it. Try ratemyprofessor.com or something similiar.

Register to reply