Could Black Holes Actually Be Wormholes Into Other Universes?

In summary, according to this theory, there are no true black holes, information is transferred through photons, dark energy comes from entangled particles, and quantum mechanics is deterministic.
stephenwlin
Here's an idea I came up with recently, that I wanted to share:

No true black holes exist. Every "apparent" event horizon is really
a separation of two universes, where the outside universe is
entangled geometrically with the inside universe. The Hubble
volume is sitting inside of an expanding supermassive black hole,
of another universe. However, by generalization of the uncertainty
principle, this implies that the "outside universe" is "really"
simultaneously in a superposition of a large but countably
finite many possible universes (i.e. bitstates), with the net
information between the "inside" and "outside" views cancelling out to
zero. Equivalently, every "classical" black hole is really in a
microscopic superposition of countably finite many bitstates, again
with the net information "inside" and "outside" cancelling zero.
However, it cannot converge to a singularity, because it cannot encode
"bitstates" forever in the same volume, therefore it must leak
information in the form of "photons" (i.e. Hawking radiation).

Equivalently, the Hubble volume receives information one photon at a
time from the "outside" in the form of cosmic background radiation,
that information being about the prior state of the otherwise causally
disconnected universe. (i.e. CMB == Hawking radiation). The
equivalence principle between these two views implies length
contraction and time dilation around gravitational bodies. Gravity
between photons is the single fundamental force of the universe.
All other sources of apparent information and causal connectivity
(i.e. all other forces) are the result of the initial state of the universe
at the Big Bang, the only true singularity: the other fundamental
particles and forces are the result of bundles of photons taking different
paths through microscopic black holes (i.e. microscopic wormholes),
which exist at every point in 3+1 spacetime.

What does everyone think of this idea?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't really know enough to argue for or against your idea, but I would like to ask what the theory would mean if it were correct? Would it change anything that we know at the moment? Would you be able to make any predictions from it? Without being able to test the theory or predict things from it, it won't really matter if it is correct or not.

To my limited knowledge it seems like a good idea (though I can't really comment), I would just like to know what implications it has?

Thanks

Here's some testable predictions:

1. No black holes truly exist, because no singularity can truly form. Therefore, the "supermassive black hole" in the center of the galaxy does not really exist. In fact, depending on when the "black hole" formed, it may or may not be a wormhole into another universe entirely (well, not really another universe, but another part of the universe which is topologically far away when considering only 3+1 space)

2. Entanglement and gravity are tied together, in the sense that when entangled particles move apart from each other, the net gravitational pull of the system decreases. When the entangled particles come back together, the process unwinds itself. This is a solution to the EPR paradox: i.e. it explains the mechanism for the apparent non-local transfer of information between entangled particles.

3. The source of "dark energy" is entanglement between portions of the visible universe.

4. Quantum mechanics is deterministic based on non-local hidden variables (i.e. something like Bohmian mechanics, when extended relativistically, is true).

I have a few more, but that's just to get started :) Trust me, if you think about this some more, you can get a lot of predictions and postdictions out of this.

Last edited:

What is the relationship between quantum mechanics and general relativity?

The relationship between quantum mechanics (QM) and general relativity (GR) is a topic of ongoing research and debate. Both theories describe different aspects of the physical world - QM explains the behavior of particles on a microscopic scale, while GR explains the behavior of space and time on a macroscopic scale. However, scientists have not yet been able to reconcile these two theories into a single, unified framework.

How do quantum mechanics and general relativity differ?

Quantum mechanics and general relativity differ in their fundamental principles and predictions. QM is based on the idea of wave-particle duality and the uncertainty principle, while GR is based on the concept of curved spacetime and the theory of gravity. Additionally, QM operates at a subatomic scale, while GR operates at a macroscopic scale.

Why is it important to understand the linkage between QM and GR?

Understanding the linkage between QM and GR is important for developing a more complete and accurate understanding of the physical world. It could also potentially lead to the development of a unified theory that can explain both the microscopic and macroscopic aspects of the universe. Additionally, it could have practical applications in fields such as quantum computing and gravitational waves.

What challenges exist in linking QM and GR?

There are several challenges that make it difficult to link QM and GR. These include the vastly different scales at which these theories operate, the incompatibility of their fundamental principles, and the lack of experimental evidence that can support a unified theory. Additionally, the mathematical frameworks used in QM and GR are not easily compatible with each other.

What progress has been made in understanding the linkage between QM and GR?

While a complete understanding of the linkage between QM and GR has not yet been achieved, there have been significant advancements in the field. Researchers are exploring various approaches, such as string theory, loop quantum gravity, and quantum field theory in curved spacetime, in an attempt to reconcile these two theories. Additionally, experiments such as the detection of gravitational waves have provided new insights into the behavior of space and time, bringing us closer to a deeper understanding of the linkage between QM and GR.