What research do evolutionary and computational biologists do in college?

• Thread starter Entery
  • Start date
In summary, the person is interested in reading about discussions on evolutionary and computational biology but does not want to work in a biology lab. They are wondering about the type of research that is done in these fields before graduating from college. The speaker suggests that computational biologists mainly work with computers and blackboards, while evolutionary biologists may work with test tubes and chemicals or focus on theoretical models. They also mention the option of bioinformatics or biostatistics for those interested in programming and data analysis.
Entery
I 'd like to read what people discuss about evolutionary, computational biology, but I don't think I like to hold a test tube on one hand, wear a pair of protective glasses and hold some othe things on the other hand in a biology lab, I never been to any biolabs before, never know how they look like, and what they have. Would you please tell me what researches do people in evolutionary biology or computationally biology do before graduating from colleges ? I am not a biology student, I am just honestly wondering if what they are doing is of my interest. Papers, discussions really attract me a lot, but playing with test tube and chhemicals is not really what i am into.

Some suggestions please...please...p..l...zzzz...I am very Thankful for your answers...

Biology news on Phys.org
Computational biologists, or theoretical biologists mainly work with blackboard and computer. For evolutionary biologists it depends on the direction of their research, it could be in a lab with test tubes and chemicals in order to compare DNA or doing carbon dating, but it can also be more theoretical as in trying to develop models of speciation.

You can also go into bioinformatics or biostatistics, writing programs and doing data analysis.

Related to What research do evolutionary and computational biologists do in college?

1. What does "Thank you very much!" mean?

"Thank you very much!" is an expression of gratitude and appreciation for something that has been done or given. It is a polite way to show thanks and is often used as a response to a kind gesture or act of kindness.

2. Is "Thank you very much!" the same as "Thank you"?

No, "Thank you very much!" is a more emphatic and sincere way to express gratitude compared to just saying "Thank you." It conveys a deeper level of appreciation and can be used to show extra appreciation for someone's help or generosity.

3. Why is it important to say "Thank you very much!"?

Saying "Thank you very much!" is important because it shows good manners and acknowledges the effort or kindness of others. It also helps to build and maintain positive relationships with those around us.

4. Can "Thank you very much!" be used in formal situations?

Yes, "Thank you very much!" can be used in formal situations as it is a polite and respectful way to express gratitude. It is a versatile phrase that can be used in both casual and formal settings.

5. How else can I say "Thank you very much!"?

There are many other ways to express gratitude besides saying "Thank you very much!" Some alternatives include "Thank you so much!", "I really appreciate it!", or "Many thanks!" Choose the phrase that feels most genuine and sincere to you.