I'm blind when it comes to angles

• Thread starter rocomath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angles
In summary, "I'm blind when it comes to angles" is a phrase that describes difficulty understanding or visualizing geometric angles. This can be caused by a lack of exposure or practice with angles, or it could be related to a learning disability or visual impairment. This difficulty can impact everyday tasks such as reading maps or estimating distances. However, with practice and support, people can overcome being "blind when it comes to angles." Some tips for improving understanding of angles include using tools like protractors and rulers, practicing with angle puzzles or games, and breaking down angles into simpler concepts.
rocomath
did i set up my force diagram right? my teacher gave us soln's but i think there's an error.

also, could i get advice on how to approach determining how to place the angles correctly in the diagram, I'm blind.

thanks!

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5711/angleqg6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your angles are right.
Try imagine the N,T-axes to initially have been superimposed on the y,x-axes, respectively.
Then rotate the N-T system so that T gains angle theta to the x-axis.
Therefore, the angle between the N and y axes must also be theta.

As a scientist, it is important to approach problems and concepts with a critical and analytical mindset. It is understandable that you may be struggling with understanding angles, as they can be a complex subject. However, it is important to not feel discouraged and to continue seeking clarification and understanding.

Regarding your force diagram, it is difficult to provide specific feedback without seeing the diagram. However, it is always a good idea to double check your work and compare it to the given solutions to ensure accuracy. If you believe there may be an error, it is important to bring it to your teacher's attention for clarification.

In terms of placing angles correctly in a diagram, it is helpful to start by identifying and labeling all the angles in the problem. Then, consider the relationships between the angles and any given information, such as measurements or known angles. This can help guide you in placing the angles correctly in the diagram.

Remember, practice and patience are key in understanding and mastering any concept. Don't hesitate to seek help from your teacher or classmates if needed. Good luck!

1. What does "I'm blind when it comes to angles" mean?

This phrase means that someone has difficulty understanding or visualizing geometric angles. It could also mean that they struggle with spatial awareness or have a hard time estimating the size or direction of angles.

2. What are some common causes of being "blind when it comes to angles"?

There are a few potential causes for this difficulty with angles. It could be due to a lack of exposure or practice with geometry and spatial reasoning. It could also be related to a learning disability or visual impairment that affects how one processes visual information.

3. How does being "blind when it comes to angles" affect everyday tasks?

This difficulty with angles can impact a person's ability to complete tasks that involve understanding and using angles, such as reading maps, following instructions for assembling furniture, or estimating distances while driving.

4. Can someone overcome being "blind when it comes to angles"?

Yes, with practice and the right support, people can improve their understanding and visualization of angles. This may include using visual aids or hands-on activities to demonstrate angles, breaking down complex concepts into smaller parts, and seeking assistance from a math tutor or occupational therapist.

5. Are there any tips for improving understanding of angles?

Some strategies for improving understanding of angles include using tools like protractors and rulers to physically measure angles, practicing with angle puzzles or games, and visualizing angles in everyday objects and situations. It can also be helpful to break down angles into simpler concepts and work on one type of angle at a time.