Job Listings: Connect Physicists with Companies Looking to Hire

• Thread starter madilyn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of creating a job listing section on PF to help companies find physicists to hire. It was mentioned that there used to be such a section, but it was not active enough and has since been removed. However, it was suggested that the employer could potentially list the opportunity in the careers section, though there is no guarantee it will be posted.
madilyn
Is there a job listing section on PF? The company that I'm working for is interested to hire more physicists but we're finding it hard to reach out to the physics community specifically.

It can be made free to use, or perhaps you can charge a nominal fee to the companies per listing to maintain the forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
madilyn said:
Is there a job listing section on PF? The company that I'm working for is interested to hire more physicists but we're finding it hard to reach out to the physics community specifically.

It can be made free to use, or perhaps you can charge a nominal fee to the companies per listing to maintain the forum.

Hi madilyn!

Thanks for asking. In fact a few years ago we did have a job listing forum. In the end it wasn't active enough so we pitched it. Unfortunately we don't expect it to return.

Good luck!
Greg

Oh no, that's unfortunate. Is it in bad taste if my employer listed an opportunity in the careers section?

madilyn said:
Oh no, that's unfortunate. Is it in bad taste if my employer listed an opportunity in the careers section?

Send me the listing and we'll consider posting it for you. No promises though :)

Likes 1 person
Greg Bernhardt said:
Send me the listing and we'll consider posting it for you. No promises though :)

Thanks! :) I'll get a colleague to reach out to you.

1. What is the purpose of "Job Listings: Connect Physicists with Companies Looking to Hire"?

The purpose of "Job Listings: Connect Physicists with Companies Looking to Hire" is to create a platform where physicists can easily find job opportunities in various companies and industries. It aims to bridge the gap between talented physicists and companies seeking their skills, ultimately benefiting both parties.

2. How does "Job Listings: Connect Physicists with Companies Looking to Hire" work?

Companies looking to hire physicists can post job listings on the platform, providing details about the job, requirements, and application process. Physicists can then search and apply for these job listings, connecting them with potential employers.

3. Is this platform only for physicists?

No, this platform is designed specifically for physicists but it is open to any company or organization looking to hire someone with a background in physics. This could include positions in research, engineering, data analysis, and more.

4. How can I ensure the job listings are legitimate?

All job listings on the platform are manually reviewed by our team to ensure they are legitimate and relevant to physicists. We also encourage users to report any suspicious or fraudulent job listings so we can take appropriate action.

5. Are there any fees associated with using "Job Listings: Connect Physicists with Companies Looking to Hire"?

Currently, there are no fees for using the platform. Both companies and physicists can create accounts and access job listings for free. However, in the future, there may be premium features or services available for a fee.