Chihuahua Adopts Chick: Heartwarming Story

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Huahua stands guard over the chick to make sure it doesn't get lost, but will also eat it if it strays too far from its cot.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/224503.jpg

...She regards the chick as her baby and stands guard to make sure it comes to no harm, reports the Chongqing Morning News.

And, whenever the chick strays too far, Huahua picks it up gently in her mouth and puts it back in its cot. [continued]
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1313593.html?menu=

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not so sure if the chick is going to appreciate this arrangement as much as the chihuahua does! :biggrin:

What will the chihuahua do when the chick grows up (hopefully) to be a chicken and is as big as the chihuahua?

Ivan you left out the best part. Liu Bangyang's comment, "We'll try our best to raise the little chicken, if that's what Huahua wants." :rolleyes:

Who knows what this chihuahua has in mind - chicken fajitas? :biggrin:

Yeah! He's finally decided that Taco Bell is beneath his standards...he wants the real deal... :rofl:

:yuck:

Astronuc said:
What will the chihuahua do when the chick grows up (hopefully) to be a chicken and is as big as the chihuahua??
In accordance with imprinting, the chick will grow up thinking it is a dog, or should I say "chikuahua"? It will peck shoes, pee on the rug, and "quark" at the neighbors. :rofl:

cepheid said:
Yeah! He's finally decided that Taco Bell is beneath his standards...he wants the real deal... :rofl:

:yuck:

There's nothing wrong with taco bell. Multi-processed, imitation mexican food is just fine by me.

I wonder how many chicks they threw that dog before it caught one.

Ivan Seeking said:

LOL...do you ever step out of "Skepticism and Debunking" mode?

maybe its just me... or maybe its cause of all the sex threads in here... but i thought this was going to be about a little dog marking some girl as his territory...

Gale17 said:
maybe its just me... or maybe its cause of all the sex threads in here... but i thought this was going to be about a little dog marking some girl as his territory...

I thought the exact same thing :biggrin:

I blame moonbear, she's the one who turns every thread into sex. :yuck:

franznietzsche said:
I thought the exact same thing :biggrin:

I blame moonbear, she's the one who turns every thread into sex. :yuck:

Hey, I did no such thing in this thread! Gale did it this time! :tongue: Poor chick is going to be really confused when it grows up and learns dog anatomy and chicken anatomy don't work together. :eek:

Originally Posted by Ivan Seeking

Well it wasnt that hard. My dog got it at the 345tth time. Mine was a Rottweiler tho.

Ivan Seeking said:

Oh, they didn't have any problem getting the dog to catch chicks, it was getting the dog to not swallow them that was difficult. Notice that dog has that just-caught-red-handed guilty look? It's the same look they have when you walk in and they are on the sofa and shouldn't be, so jump down and try to look innocent. You know that dog was just about to have a snack when the owners walked in and grabbed a camera. It has the whole tail-between-the-legs, hunched-back look. I'm not believing for a moment that dog wasn't up to no good. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Hey, I did no such thing in this thread! Gale did it this time! :tongue: Poor chick is going to be really confused when it grows up and learns dog anatomy and chicken anatomy don't work together. :eek:

EWWWWWW. That reminds me of my cat... we had like 5 cats and 2 dogs, and for whatever reason, one of my cats decided to even out the balance a bit. He hung out with the dogs all the time, and played with them as much as a cat could. One day our friends bring over their little puppy... and our cat just has at it... poor guy, he didn't know better...

1. What is the story of the Chihuahua adopting a chick?

The story of the Chihuahua adopting a chick is a heartwarming tale of an unlikely friendship between two animals. The Chihuahua, named Lundy, was born with a cleft palate and was unable to nurse from her mother. The chick, named Ruggles, was also unable to stay with her mother due to a leg injury. The two were brought together at the Mia Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps animals with disabilities. Lundy and Ruggles quickly bonded and have been inseparable ever since.

2. How did the Chihuahua and chick meet?

Lundy and Ruggles met at the Mia Foundation, where they were both being cared for due to their disabilities. The founder of the foundation, Sue Rogers, noticed that the two animals had a special connection and decided to let them stay together. Despite being from different species, Lundy and Ruggles formed an unbreakable bond and have been living together ever since.

3. What challenges did Lundy and Ruggles face in their friendship?

One of the main challenges that Lundy and Ruggles faced in their friendship was their physical disabilities. Lundy's cleft palate made it difficult for her to eat and drink, while Ruggles' injured leg made it difficult for her to walk. However, with the help of the Mia Foundation and their loving caretakers, these challenges were overcome and the two animals were able to support each other and thrive.

4. How has the story of Lundy and Ruggles impacted the public?

The heartwarming story of Lundy and Ruggles has captured the hearts of people all over the world. Their unlikely friendship has inspired many and has shown the power of love and friendship, regardless of differences. The story has also raised awareness for the Mia Foundation and their mission to help animals with disabilities.

5. Are there any updates on Lundy and Ruggles' story?

As of now, Lundy and Ruggles continue to live together at the Mia Foundation. They are both happy and healthy and their bond is stronger than ever. The foundation regularly shares updates and photos of the two on their social media platforms, which have gained a large following. Lundy and Ruggles' story continues to bring joy and inspiration to many people around the world.