Calculating Bearing Temperature with Empirical Cooling Factor

In summary, Prakash is looking for guidance on how to calculate the bearing temperature for a rotating shaft based on the cooling factor. He is wondering if there are any established procedures or standards for finding this factor. Mr. Fredgarvin suggests contacting the bearing manufacturer as this information is usually derived from empirical testing and dependent on factors such as loading, lubrication, and mounting fits. Prakash also asks about converting power loss to temperature, but does not account for the lubrication factor.
Analysis
Dear all
I need to calculate bearing Temperature for the shaft rotating of certain rpm.
Bearing catalog referred and found that cooling factor is missing to arrive final result.
How to find cooling factor?any empherical procedures?standards?sites? If so pl guide me to get the result.

Thanks
Prakash

Engineering news on Phys.org
That information is almost always an empirical number derived from manufacturer testing. You would need to contact the bearing manufacturer because it will depend on things like loading, lubrication and mounting fits.

FredGarvin said:
That information is almost always an empirical number derived from manufacturer testing. You would need to contact the bearing manufacturer because it will depend on things like loading, lubrication and mounting fits.

Thanks Mr.Fredgarvin

Ok have you any idea to convert the power loss (due to friction)to temperature.
i.e.assume that 10 watts power is loss what will be the corresponding temperature induced (without accounting lubrication factor i.e.cooling factor)

thanks in advance
Prakash

What is bearing temperature raise?

Bearing temperature raise refers to an increase in the temperature of a bearing, which is a mechanical component that supports a rotating shaft.

What causes bearing temperature raise?

Bearing temperature raise can be caused by several factors, including friction, lack of lubrication, excessive load, and improper installation.

What are the consequences of high bearing temperature?

High bearing temperature can lead to premature wear and failure of the bearing, which can cause damage to other components and result in costly repairs.

How can bearing temperature raise be prevented?

Bearing temperature raise can be prevented by regularly monitoring and maintaining proper lubrication, avoiding overloading the bearing, and ensuring correct installation and alignment.

What are the recommended temperature limits for bearings?

The recommended temperature limits for bearings vary depending on the type and size of the bearing. Generally, temperatures above 180-200°F (82-93°C) are considered high and can indicate potential problems.