What's the URL for the fantastic group theory wiki?

In summary, a URL is a unique address that identifies a webpage or file on the internet. It can be found by searching for it on a search engine or by directly typing in the web address. A URL can change if the website or webpage is moved or if the website owner chooses to change it. The URL is case-sensitive and can contain special characters, but they must be properly encoded in order to be recognized by web browsers.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
I recall visiting a website that was a wiki for group theory and had many articles on specific groups, but I don't find it today doing a simple-simon search on keywords like "group theory". Anyone know the website that I'm talking about?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
That's the one I remembered. Thank you.

1. What is a URL?

A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is a unique address that identifies a specific webpage or file on the internet.

2. How do I find the URL for the fantastic group theory wiki?

The URL for the fantastic group theory wiki can be found by searching for "fantastic group theory wiki" on a search engine or by directly typing in the web address: www.fantasticgrouptheorywiki.com.

3. Can a URL change?

Yes, a URL can change if the website or webpage is moved to a different domain or if the website owner chooses to change the URL. It is important to update any bookmarks or saved links if a URL changes.

4. Is the URL case-sensitive?

Yes, the URL is case-sensitive, meaning that uppercase and lowercase letters are treated as different characters. This means that if you type in the wrong case for a letter in the URL, it may lead to an error or a different webpage.

5. Can a URL contain special characters?

Yes, a URL can contain special characters such as #, %, and !, but they must be properly encoded in order to be recognized by web browsers. This is done by replacing the special character with a percentage sign (%) followed by its corresponding ASCII code.