Help me decide on a name for my physics project

In summary, a group is seeking help in deciding on a name for their physics project about ion thrusters. They have narrowed down their options to a few words that may sound cool, but are unsure of which one to choose. They are asking for others to complete a poll to help them make a decision.
PCLNuclear
Hi everyone.

I've been working on 'n physics project, but can't decide on a proper name for it. I decide to combine one weird word with another word I already have. Unfortunately I cannot decide on the weird word! Could you please complete the following poll? It would only take a few seconds. Oh, and the project is about ion thrusters. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/projectname

Kind regards,
Lourie

Physics news on Phys.org
They are all equally meaningless. How are we supposed to decide?

Jimmy is a nice name.

Saladsamurai said:

I would think that the Germans, French and Slowaks would be very disappointed to hear that their words are meaningless.

Maybe "Prowacona"

(project with a cool name)

Last edited:
Saladsamurai said:

It was my idea to let them sound meaningless, but they all actually mean bending or diffraction in a few different languages. I just want to know which one would sound the coolest.

Andre said:
<snip>I would think that the Germans, French and Slowaks would be very disappointed to hear that their words are meaningless.

Sorry, never heard of them. :tongue2:

lisab said:
Jimmy is a nice name.
It sure is! If the people at the dog pound hadn't been calling my rescue dog "Duke" for all summer long, Jimmy would have been in the running. :tongue:

What factors should I consider when choosing a name for my physics project?

When deciding on a name for your physics project, it is important to consider the main focus or goal of your project, as well as any specific techniques or theories used. It may also be helpful to think about the overall tone or theme you want to convey.

Should my project name be descriptive or creative?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and the nature of your project. A descriptive name can help others easily understand what your project is about, while a creative name can pique interest and make your project stand out.

Can I use a pun or play on words for my project name?

If it fits with the theme or focus of your project, a pun or play on words can be a fun and clever choice for a project name. However, make sure it is still clear and understandable to others.

How long should my project name be?

There is no set rule for the length of a project name, but it is generally recommended to keep it concise and easy to remember. A name that is too long or complicated may be difficult for others to remember or understand.

Can I change my project name after choosing one?

Yes, you can always change your project name if you feel it is not working or if you come up with a better one. However, it is best to decide on a name early on and stick with it to avoid confusion or complications.