How do I make Jscript interact with an EXE or MUD (game)?

• Thread starter nmonster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary: For more information, you can check out their forums or the Help files. In summary, you will need to use TinyFuge's paste command, set up a macro to receive the text, and then process it.
nmonster
I'm trying to write Jscript code that will interact with a MUD for me. A MUD is a Multi-User Dungeon. It's a text-based online game. The server sends the names and descriptions of places and things for the player to interact with. What I need to know is: 1) How do I pass information from an exe, where the text is displayed, to my code, or a specific method for processing, and 2) have my code send back strings (and enter them into the .exe's text field.)I wrote Java for about a year in some computer science classes, using BlueJ to create various things, but they all acted on their own and never interacted with other programs.A similar but not very relevant question was posted here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=384110

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380"

Illegal/Dangerous Activities:
Explicit "how to" discussions of illegal and/or dangerous activities, or posts advocating such activities, are prohibited; such as: how to make explosives, manufacture crack, steal software, hack into the CIA, ...

You are asking how to write software that will violate the terms of the MUD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borg said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380"

Illegal/Dangerous Activities:
Explicit "how to" discussions of illegal and/or dangerous activities, or posts advocating such activities, are prohibited; such as: how to make explosives, manufacture crack, steal software, hack into the CIA, ...

You are asking how to write software that will violate the terms of the MUD.
There are thousands of different MUDs, few with the same rule sets. This MUD allows scripting, and the creator of the mud condones it. In fact, most muds do allow scripts, just not outrageous ones that completely automate the character for days on end.

You could choose to not read the entire first paragraph of the original post. I put it there to help give people a better understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
nmonster said:
There are thousands of different MUDs, few with the same rule sets. This MUD allows scripting, and the creator of the mud condones it. In fact, most muds do allow scripts, just not outrageous ones that completely automate the character for days on end.

You could choose to not read the entire first paragraph of the original post. I put it there to help give people a better understanding.
Care to post a link to the site that you want to write the script for? It would be interesting to see exactly what they say about this.
nmonster said:
I'm trying to write Jscript code that will interact with a MUD for me. A MUD is a Multi-User Dungeon. It's a text-based online game. The server sends the names and descriptions of places and things for the player to interact with.
All MUDs send information to your computer. This doesn't say anything about condoning automated scripts.

Zmud, MUSHClient and Tinyfuge all have scripting functionality, and nearly every MUD client has "triggers" that automatically respond to sends from the MUD.

nmonster said:
What I need to know is: 1) How do I pass information from an exe, where the text is displayed, to my code, or a specific method for processing, and 2) have my code send back strings (and enter them into the .exe's text field.)
It is going to be dependant on what APIs those programs make public. I took a quick look at TinyFugue. For TinyFugue, you will probably need to use something like their paste command to send messages. In order to get the text display, you will need to set up a hook macro.

Related to How do I make Jscript interact with an EXE or MUD (game)?

1. How do I make Jscript interact with an EXE or MUD (game)?

Jscript can interact with EXE or MUD games through a process called "interprocess communication". This involves using a combination of Jscript and a programming language such as C++ or Java to establish a connection between the two programs and exchange data.

2. Can I use Jscript to automate tasks in an EXE or MUD game?

Yes, you can use Jscript to automate tasks in an EXE or MUD game by creating scripts that interact with the game's interface and simulate user actions. However, keep in mind that using automation scripts may go against the terms of service of some games.

3. Is it possible to create a Jscript plugin for an EXE or MUD game?

Yes, it is possible to create a Jscript plugin for an EXE or MUD game. This involves using a combination of Jscript and other programming languages to create a plugin that integrates with the game and adds new features or functionality.

4. How do I communicate with an EXE or MUD game using Jscript?

To communicate with an EXE or MUD game using Jscript, you will need to use a method called "interprocess communication" as mentioned earlier. This involves establishing a connection between the two programs and using specific commands or protocols to send and receive data.

5. Are there any limitations to using Jscript with EXE or MUD games?

There may be some limitations to using Jscript with EXE or MUD games, depending on the specific game and its programming. Some games may have security measures in place that prevent external programs from interacting with them, while others may not have the necessary support for interprocess communication. It is always best to research the game's capabilities and limitations before attempting to use Jscript with it.