Texas Hold'em: Probability of Full House

In summary, the conversation discusses the probability of getting a full house in Texas Holdem after all 5 cards are dealt and both of the player's cards must be used. The suggested source for finding the answer is Wikipedia, but the person asking the question is unsure of how to calculate it. Another person provides a breakdown of the probabilities for different starting hands and for the remaining 5 cards on the board, but there is confusion about how to combine these probabilities.
c1gipe
i have looked all over the internet and found a ton of different answers to this question so i will try and ask it here:

in texas holdem
what is the probability of getting a full house after all 5 cards are delt
both of the cards delt to you have to make up the full house

Physics news on Phys.org
ya i found that but I've always been told not to trust wiki. (i do anyway) But my question was how to figure it out if both your hole cards have to play. so you can't play the 5 cards on the board. you can only play 3 of them. this seems really easy but I am getting confused just as easy

sorry, I've realized that I've been lazy and haven't contributed

there are 16 combinations of having A and K
6 ways to have AA
6 ways to have KK

these are the only possible starting hands so there are 28/52 cards to pick from the first card and 27/51 possible for the second card.

so the probability of having a qualifying starting hand is 28/52 x 27/51 = 63/221

for the extra 5 cards on the board there are 26 possibilities with 50 cards remaining.
this is where i get lost
do i just 26/50 x 25/49 x 24/48?

then that number is the probability?

I understand the importance of accurate and reliable information. In order to calculate the probability of a full house in Texas Hold'em, we must first understand the basic principles of probability and the rules of the game.

In Texas Hold'em, each player is dealt two cards, known as the hole cards, and five community cards are dealt face up on the table. A full house is a poker hand consisting of three cards of the same rank and two cards of another rank. This means that in order to get a full house, you must have a pair and a three of a kind.

The probability of getting a full house after all five cards are dealt depends on several factors, including the number of players at the table and the number of decks being used. However, in a standard game with a single deck of 52 cards, the probability of getting a full house is approximately 0.1441%, or 1 in 693.

To calculate this probability, we can use the combination formula: nCr = n! / (r! * (n-r)!), where n is the total number of possible outcomes and r is the number of desired outcomes.

In this case, there are 52 cards in a deck and we need to choose 5 cards for our hand. This means that n = 52 and r = 5. Plugging these values into the formula, we get:

52C5 = 52! / (5! * (52-5)!) = 52! / (5! * 47!) = 2,598,960 / (120 * 1) = 2,598,960

This means that there are 2,598,960 possible combinations of 5 cards that can be dealt from a single deck. Out of these combinations, there are 3,744 possible ways to get a full house (13 possible ranks for the three of a kind and 12 possible ranks for the pair).

Therefore, the probability of getting a full house is 3,744 / 2,598,960 = 0.1441%, or approximately 1 in 693.

It is important to keep in mind that this calculation is based on a single deck and does not take into account the possibility of multiple players having full houses. Additionally, the probability may vary in different variations of Texas Hold'em, such as Omaha or 5-card draw.

In conclusion, the probability of getting a full house

FAQ: Texas Hold'em: Probability of Full House

1. What is the probability of getting a full house in Texas Hold'em?

The probability of getting a full house in Texas Hold'em is approximately 0.1441, or 14.41%. This means that out of every 100 hands, you can expect to get a full house about 14 times.

2. How is the probability of a full house calculated in Texas Hold'em?

The probability of getting a full house in Texas Hold'em is calculated by dividing the number of possible full house combinations by the total number of possible poker hands. In this case, there are 3,744 possible full house combinations out of 2,598,960 total possible poker hands, resulting in a probability of 0.1441.

3. Does the position at the table affect the probability of getting a full house in Texas Hold'em?

No, the position at the table does not affect the probability of getting a full house in Texas Hold'em. The probability remains the same regardless of where you are seated at the table.

4. What are the odds of flopping a full house in Texas Hold'em?

The odds of flopping a full house in Texas Hold'em are approximately 1 in 694. This means that out of every 694 flops, you can expect to flop a full house once.

5. How does the probability of getting a full house change with more players at the table?

The probability of getting a full house decreases as the number of players at the table increases. This is because the more players there are, the more likely it is that someone else will have a strong hand that can beat a full house. However, the exact change in probability depends on the number of players and their playing style.