C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller

• C/C++
  • Thread starter tommyburgey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    C++
In summary, "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" is a comprehensive book suitable for both beginners and experienced programmers looking to improve their C++ skills. Written by Steve Heller, a computer science professor and experienced software developer, the book covers the fundamentals of C++ and includes exercises and examples for practical application. Its clear and concise explanations, real-world examples, and coverage of the latest features and best practices make it stand out from other C++ books. It is also suitable for self-study, with self-assessment questions and a comprehensive index for easy reference.
tommyburgey
I recently bought the C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller and the CD is broken. Does anyone who owns this book know whether it's necessary because for a newbie like myself I'm finding it slightly difficult to understand some of the basics.

Also, I've been using cmd (and notepad) to teach myself before this and was wondering whether the techniques taught are used on cmd.
Are there any programs I should be downloading?

Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
Download a copy of Dev-C++, and use one of 10,000 tutorials on the web. Ask us if you have specific questions or get stuck.

- Warren

for sharing your experience with the C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller. I'm sorry to hear that the CD is broken, but I can assure you that it is not necessary for understanding the basics of C++. The book itself should provide enough information and examples for a newbie to grasp the fundamentals.

As for your question about using cmd and notepad to teach yourself, while it is possible to use these tools to write and compile C++ programs, it may be more helpful to use an integrated development environment (IDE) such as Code::Blocks or Visual Studio. These tools provide a more user-friendly interface and can assist with things like debugging and managing multiple files.

In terms of additional programs to download, it really depends on what you want to do with C++. If you are just starting out, the IDE mentioned above should be enough. As you progress and want to work on more complex projects, you may want to look into libraries and frameworks that can help with specific tasks. But for now, focus on understanding the basics and building a strong foundation in C++.

Best of luck on your learning journey!

1. What is "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller"?

"C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" is a comprehensive book that teaches the fundamentals of the C++ programming language. It covers topics such as syntax, control structures, data types, and object-oriented programming. It is designed for both beginners and experienced programmers looking to improve their C++ skills.

2. Is the book suitable for beginners?

Yes, "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" is suitable for beginners. The book starts with the basics of C++ and gradually introduces more advanced concepts. It also includes exercises and examples to help readers practice and apply what they have learned.

3. Who is the author of "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller"?

The author of "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" is Steve Heller, a computer science professor and experienced software developer. He has written several books on programming languages and has been teaching C++ for over 20 years.

4. What sets "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" apart from other C++ books?

One of the main features that sets "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" apart is its clear and concise explanations. The book also includes real-world examples and exercises that help readers understand and apply the concepts. Additionally, it covers the latest features of C++ and provides tips and best practices for writing efficient and effective code.

5. Is "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" suitable for self-study?

Yes, "C++ Training Guide by Steve Heller" is suitable for self-study. The book is designed to be easy to follow and includes self-assessment questions and exercises to help readers track their progress. It also includes a comprehensive index for easy reference.