I need to create a demonstration

In summary, the conversation suggests that the person needs to create a physics demonstration using household items that highlights a concept of introductory physics. They mention using refraction as it is an easy topic with many formulas. However, another person suggests coming up with their own idea and refining it together to make it presentable. They also mention the importance of thinking about how the laws of physics apply to everyday life in completing the assignment.
Senseiofj
So, I need to create a physics demonstration that highlights a concept of introductory physics out of household items. Does anybody know of any good ones I could use?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do something using refraction. Its a very easy topic and there are lots of formulas you can throw around to 'Wooo' people. :p

I think this qualifies for the same rules as a homework problem. Why don't you suggest an idea for what you want to do and then we can help you refine it to something presentable.

I'm sure the real point of the assignment was to make you think about how the laws of physics are reflected in everyday phenomena. If you don't do the thinking, then you haven't really done the assignment.

Related to I need to create a demonstration

What is the purpose of creating a demonstration?

The purpose of creating a demonstration is to visually and/or physically show how something works or to prove a concept. It can be used to educate others or to support a hypothesis or theory.

How do I determine what materials I need for my demonstration?

The materials needed for a demonstration will depend on the specific topic or concept you are trying to showcase. It is important to research and plan ahead to ensure that you have all the necessary materials and equipment.

Can I use everyday household items for my demonstration?

Yes, you can definitely use everyday household items for your demonstration. In fact, using common household items can make your demonstration more relatable and accessible to your audience.

How do I make my demonstration engaging and interactive?

To make your demonstration engaging and interactive, consider including hands-on activities, visuals, and demonstrations that involve audience participation. You can also ask questions and encourage discussion to keep your audience engaged.

What are some important factors to consider when creating a demonstration?

Some important factors to consider when creating a demonstration include the target audience, time constraints, safety precautions, and the purpose of the demonstration. It is also important to practice and prepare beforehand to ensure a smooth and successful presentation.