Best Career Description To Date

• Thread starter FredGarvin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary: That's where we got them! :approve:This is a great cartoon. I'm usually not a Dilbert fan, but this one is funny and true. It might have to be a sticky for the "So you want to be an engineer" thread.
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
I am usually not a poster of Dilbert cartoons, but I think this one is an exception. I think this may have to be a sticky for the "So you want to be an engineer" thread.

Attachments

• Dilbert.pdf
    388.4 KB · Views: 375
Physics news on Phys.org
FredGarvin said:
I am usually not a poster of Dilbert cartoons, but I think this one is an exception. I think this may have to be a sticky for the "So you want to be an engineer" thread.
:rofl:

In the same vein take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtoujYOWw0"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hootenanny said:
:rofl:

In the same vein take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtoujYOWw0"...
Argh. Blocked by my work firewall. I'll have to see it at home. Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
<smirk> funny - and true in a way.

Enjoyed "The Knack" exerpt too, that one's a classic.

I have this one (attached) hung up in my cube doorway to remind folks that we're working together and finger pointing ain't allowed.

Attachments

• Share Victory.jpg
    Share Victory.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 451
FredGarvin said:

Dude, that is sooooo funny...and TRUE! :rofl:

FredGarvin said:
Classic.

Q_Goest said:
I have this one (attached) hung up in my cube doorway to remind folks that we're working together and finger pointing ain't allowed.
We have four of these de-motivational posters mounted and hung in our conference room. They set the tone for our planning meetings. :wink:

Doc Al said:
We have four of these de-motivational posters mounted and hung in our conference room. They set the tone for our planning meetings. :wink:
Have you checked out the demotivators at despair.com?

http://despair.com/lithographs.html

Gokul43201 said:
Have you checked out the demotivators at despair.com?
That's where we got them! :approve:

My favorite one is the "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others." Damn that's good.

1. What is a career description?

A career description is a brief summary of the skills, responsibilities, and qualifications required for a specific job or career. It provides an overview of what the job entails and what is expected of the employee.

2. Why is a career description important?

A career description is important because it helps job seekers understand the role they are applying for and determine if they are a good fit. It also helps employers attract qualified candidates and set clear expectations for the job.

3. How do career descriptions benefit employers?

Career descriptions benefit employers by helping them attract the right candidates for the job. It also helps them set clear expectations for the role, which can improve employee performance and retention.

4. What information should be included in a career description?

A career description should include the job title, a brief overview of the company and its culture, the responsibilities and duties of the position, required qualifications and skills, and any other relevant information such as salary and benefits.

5. Can career descriptions change over time?

Yes, career descriptions can change over time as the job evolves or the company's needs change. It is important for employers to regularly review and update career descriptions to accurately reflect the current expectations and responsibilities of the job.