No Computational Physics SubForum.

• Thread starter neurocomp2003
  • Start date
Perhaps i may have overlooked the sections or maybe this section belongs under software but it is a physics field in itself.- Moderator: There is no Computational Physics SubForum, but you can post those questions in the general physics or technology forums. The moderator also mentioned that there may not be enough interest for its own forum.- Warren: Are there people who do graphical simulations in physics on these forums? or even just numerical?- Moderator: There are a few members who do graphical and numerical simulations in physics, but they are still a minority. However, if we expand the definition of physics to include astrophysics, there may be more members with interest. The moderator is willing to create a computation physics subforum if there is enough interest from
neurocomp2003
Perhaps i may have overlooked the sections or maybe this section belongs under software but it is a physics field in itself.
Why is there no Computational Physics SubForum.(my question mark button isn't working)

Physics news on Phys.org
You can post those questions in general physics or the technology forums. We feel there is not enough interest to warrant it's own forum.

k thx. Are there people who do graphical simulations in physics on these forums? or even just numerical?

I think there is a bunch (signing in !) ... probably an ever growing one but we're still quite a minority.

Last edited:
If you expand 'physics' to include 'astrophysics', I think you'll find even more members! :smile:

If we can find enough members with interest, I'd be willing to vote to create a computation physics subforum, even just to encourage discussion on the topic. It is vitally important to the field.

- Warren

Related to No Computational Physics SubForum.

1. What is Computational Physics?

Computational Physics is a field of study that uses computer simulations and numerical methods to solve complex problems in physics. It involves using mathematical models and algorithms to simulate physical systems and phenomena.

2. Why is there no Computational Physics SubForum?

The decision to not have a Computational Physics SubForum is likely due to the fact that there are already other existing forums and resources dedicated to this topic, such as online communities and academic journals. Additionally, the scope of this field may overlap with other subforums, making a separate one unnecessary.

3. Can I still discuss Computational Physics on this forum?

Yes, you can still discuss Computational Physics on this forum. While there may not be a designated subforum, you can start a discussion or ask for help in the relevant subforums such as Physics or Computer Science.

4. Are there any alternative resources for discussing Computational Physics?

Yes, there are many alternative resources for discussing Computational Physics, such as online communities, specialized forums, and academic journals. You can also attend conferences and workshops related to this field to network and share knowledge with other scientists.

5. Is Computational Physics a growing field?

Yes, Computational Physics is a growing field. With the advancements in computing technology and the increasing complexity of problems in physics, the demand for computational methods and techniques is also increasing. This field is also constantly evolving as new algorithms and models are developed, making it an exciting and dynamic area of study.