Camera help - Win7 HomePremiume and picture uploads

In summary, the conversation is about the issue of importing pictures from a camera on two different computers with Windows 7 Home Premium. The user has a Canon SD 1000 camera and on their desktop, the import process works when the camera is plugged in. However, on their laptop, they have to manually find the camera and import the pictures. They tried adjusting the Autoplay settings, but it still doesn't work. A link is provided for troubleshooting, but the user still wants Autoplay to work and has it turned on, but nothing pops up.
biferi
Camera help -- Win7 HomePremiume and picture uploads

I have the Canon SD 1000 Camara and Win7 Home Premiume on my Desktop.

When I plug the Camara in a windo opens asking me what do I want to do and I click Import Pictures and it works.

On my Laptop I am running Win7 HomePremiume the same thing but when I plug in my Camara now window open I have to go into Computer find the Camara and Right click on it the click Import Pictures.

So I thought it was an Autoplay setting I had to fix so I open my Autio play window and go down to Pictures and set it to Ask Me Every Time and save Settings.

But it still does the same thing any help?

Engineering news on Phys.org

I went to the link and I see where it says if Autoplay does not come up what to do.

But I want to have Autoplay come up and I go into Autoplay screen and for Pictures I set it to Ask Me Every Time.

But I have a check in Turn Autoplay on.

And nothing

What is the best way to upload pictures from my camera to my Win7 HomePremium computer?

The best way to upload pictures from your camera to your Win7 HomePremium computer is by using a USB cable to connect the camera to your computer. This will allow you to transfer the pictures directly from your camera to your computer.

How do I transfer pictures from my camera to a specific folder on my Win7 HomePremium computer?

To transfer pictures from your camera to a specific folder on your Win7 HomePremium computer, you can use the "Import pictures and videos" function in the Photos app. This will allow you to select the destination folder for your pictures.

Why are my pictures not showing up on my Win7 HomePremium computer when I connect my camera?

This could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure that your camera is properly connected to your computer and turned on. If it is, try restarting both your camera and computer. If the issue persists, there may be an issue with the USB port or cable.

Can I edit my pictures on my Win7 HomePremium computer after uploading them from my camera?

Yes, you can edit your pictures on your Win7 HomePremium computer using various photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom. You can also use the built-in editing tools in the Photos app.

Is there a limit to the number of pictures I can upload at once from my camera to my Win7 HomePremium computer?

This may vary depending on the storage capacity and speed of your camera and computer. However, most cameras should be able to transfer multiple pictures at once without any issues. If you experience any problems, try transferring smaller batches of pictures at a time.