Inductance on equivlent single coil system

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding the mutual inductance between a pair of single-turn coils attached to a transmission line with specific parameters. The problem involved using the equation M=k\sqrt{L1L2}\cdot\frac{S}{\sqrt{(d+H2)^2+(\delta\cdot\sin(\alpha))^2}}, but it did not provide the desired result. The proof for this equation was also mentioned, stating that M=kL when L1=L2. The distance between the two coils was also given as S=H2-H1. Assistance was requested for finding the correct equations to solve the problem.
BloodPhoenix

Homework Statement

I am attempting to work out the mutual inductance between a pair of single-turn coilds attached to a transmission line.
Single-turn coils :inner diameter d, thickness H1
Transmission line: distance between plates d and the parameters L,H2,[tex]\delta[/tex],[tex]\beta[/tex] and angle [tex]\alpha[/tex]

I am having trouble coming up with an equation that when you use the proof:

M=k[tex]\sqrt{}[/tex]L1L2 k<1

For this question L1=L2 there for the proof => M=kL

distance between the two coils: S=H2-H1

Any assitance would be most appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
.Homework Equations I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find the equations that I need to solve this problem. The Attempt at a Solution I have tried using the following equation: M=k\sqrt{L1L2}\cdot\frac{S}{\sqrt{(d+H2)^2+(\delta\cdot\sin(\alpha))^2}} but it does not give me the result that I am looking for.

Related to Inductance on equivlent single coil system

1. What is inductance on equivalent single coil system?

Inductance on equivalent single coil system is a measure of the ability of a circuit to store energy in the form of a magnetic field. It is determined by the number of turns in the coil, the material it is made of, and the dimensions and shape of the coil.

2. How is inductance calculated for a single coil system?

Inductance on a single coil system can be calculated using the formula L = µN²A/l, where µ is the permeability of the core material, N is the number of turns in the coil, A is the cross-sectional area of the coil, and l is the length of the coil.

3. What factors affect the inductance of a single coil system?

The inductance of a single coil system is affected by the number of turns in the coil, the material of the core, the shape and dimensions of the coil, and the presence of nearby conductive materials that can affect the magnetic field.

4. How does inductance on a single coil system affect the performance of a circuit?

Inductance on a single coil system can affect the performance of a circuit by causing a delay in the current flow, known as inductive reactance. This can lead to changes in the frequency response and overall behavior of the circuit.

5. Can multiple single coil systems be combined to increase inductance?

Yes, multiple single coil systems can be combined in series or parallel to increase the overall inductance. The total inductance will depend on the arrangement and number of coils in the system.