Creating a 40-Pound Thrust Pulsejet: Design, Testing, and Fueling

• Thread starter ganuganu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thrust
In summary, the conversation was about a person who successfully created a large engine and had an exciting experience with it. They used one pair of injectors and closed one of the intakes, and used 8kg of fuel during starting and then increased the intake. The person was congratulated and asked about the design and testing process.
ganuganu
Hello everyone this is the biggest engine i have ever made. You could see at the end i ran away leaving the cylinder and the camera woman ran away. Really i didnt expect so much sound. Used one pair of injectors and fueled only two intakes.

Actually i closed one of the intakes because my tank was only 8kg during starting and after it has been started engine will automatically throw away the cloth and started screaming with high thrust. Engine successfully ran with four intakes. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello! Congratulations on successfully creating such a large engine. It sounds like you had quite an exciting experience with it. Just a few questions for clarification - what was the purpose of using only one pair of injectors and closing one of the intakes? Also, what type of fuel did you use and how did you determine the amount needed for proper functioning? It's always interesting to learn about the design and testing process for new engines. Keep up the great work!

1. What is a 40pounds thrust pulsejet?

A 40pounds thrust pulsejet is a type of jet engine that creates thrust by pulsing or rapidly combusting fuel in a chamber. It is capable of producing 40 pounds of thrust, making it suitable for small aircraft, missiles, and drones.

2. How does a 40pounds thrust pulsejet work?

A 40pounds thrust pulsejet works by igniting a mixture of fuel and air in a combustion chamber. This creates a series of explosions, or pulses, that push exhaust gases out of the back of the engine, creating thrust. The process of combustion and pulsing repeats continuously, allowing for sustained thrust.

3. What are the advantages of using a 40pounds thrust pulsejet?

Some advantages of using a 40pounds thrust pulsejet include its simplicity, lightweight design, and ability to operate without moving parts. It is also relatively inexpensive to produce and maintain, making it a cost-effective option for small aircraft.

4. What are the limitations of a 40pounds thrust pulsejet?

One of the main limitations of a 40pounds thrust pulsejet is its low efficiency. This means it consumes a large amount of fuel for the amount of thrust it produces. It also has a limited speed range and is not suitable for high-altitude flights.

5. What are the potential uses of a 40pounds thrust pulsejet?

A 40pounds thrust pulsejet has various potential uses, including small aircraft and drone propulsion, missile propulsion, and even hobby rocket engines. It can also be used in heating and ventilation systems, as well as in industrial applications such as powering pumps and generators.