Can One Decision Change the Course of Reality?

• Thread starter QuantumTheory
  • Start date
In summary: Can anyone give their opinion on this please?Oh, and by the way, alternate realities are just made up in your mind.
QuantumTheory
Hi, I'm 17. And have always been interested in theories like time travel,time dilation, general relativity, etc. Anything to do with spacetime. sorry if this might sound..childish. I"m just curious

I've always thought about alternate realities, so to speak

For example, if you're a women, and accidently get pregnant as a teenager, and you decide to have an abortion, would this alter the future ?

What if you decided to let that baby grow up in the world, become an adult, and continue his/her life? Would this alter the future? Obviously, you can only choose one choice.

Which is the better choice to have? What are the chances this person might alter the course of reality in the future, or change the world for a better way? What might happen if you had an abortion, and never had that child, how would this effect the world? Would there be a 'butterfly' effect, per se, or a bunch of events descending from this one decisoin altering the world and reality forever?

Does each decision you make have precussions, which therefore has consequences and thus can change the course of reality?

Hope this makes sense.

I am still learning. This is just out of my imagination.

Physics news on Phys.org
Since it hasn't been determined that all actions are already determined, your question remains unanswerable.

One might ask that if it isn't determined. Is that a clue?

Castlegate said:
Since it hasn't been determined that all actions are already determined, your question remains unanswerable.

One might ask that if it isn't determined. Is that a clue?

very confusing, hehe. What do you mean by determined?
thanks for your help

Can anyone give their opinion on this please?

Want an opinion? Since I have it (in writing) in so many places, I'm going to share a bit of my experience.
Future and past exist nowhere but in your mind. When you understand this, you can do whatever you like with them. Remember the future, alter the past, visit anywhere, anytime you like. Whether you can actually 'alter' anything (which I doubt, as there is nothing to 'alter' but what is in 'mind') or we just 'think/feel' that we have and operate on free will to do as we wish is not a relevant or meaningful question. When you can access the Now of any Now that you choose, then you can.. 'time' travel. Anyone can do it. Well, maybe not 'anyone'... Takes work and practice to reach/access that level of consciousness. The first step is finding the Now amid all the other time chatter, memories (created in total this very moment, you, your 'memories', etc.. all created brand new right NOW this very moment! You can awaken to your dream and master time as you like. Is this what you were looking for?

How can you alter the 'future'? Is not NOW the 'future too', as well as the 'past'?

Can you alter the NOW?

Timing is EVERYTHING!

Want some alternate realities? Try mescaline! It will open 'doors'...

Last edited:
yup...

...ruthless intent and impeccable timing

then you can pretty much do anything...

...everything anybody does alters the future

make your actions count towards a better reality...

QuantumTheory said:
I've always thought about alternate realities, so to speak

For example, if you're a women, and accidently get pregnant as a teenager, and you decide to have an abortion, would this alter the future ?
What do you mean by “alter the future”? The future has not happened yet, therefore how can it be altered? If you mean “would this affect the future” then yes of course it would just as every action affects the future (ie the future is determined by the present).
QuantumTheory said:
What if you decided to let that baby grow up in the world, become an adult, and continue his/her life? Would this alter the future? Obviously, you can only choose one choice. .
See above.
QuantumTheory said:
Which is the better choice to have? What are the chances this person might alter the course of reality in the future, or change the world for a better way? What might happen if you had an abortion, and never had that child, how would this effect the world? Would there be a 'butterfly' effect, per se, or a bunch of events descending from this one decisoin altering the world and reality forever? .

See above.
QuantumTheory said:
Does each decision you make have precussions, which therefore has consequences and thus can change the course of reality? .
Yes (you actually mean repercussions). The present determines the future. And the past has determined the present. (Actually if one believes in the block universe then past, present and future are all inter-determined and self-consistent).

MF

1. Can one decision really change the course of reality?

Yes, it is possible for one decision to have a significant impact on the course of reality. This is because every decision we make has consequences and can lead to a chain of events that can ultimately alter the trajectory of our lives and the world around us.

2. How do we determine which decisions have the most impact on reality?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as the impact of a decision can vary depending on the context and the individual making the decision. Some decisions may have a more immediate and obvious impact, while others may have a ripple effect that is not immediately apparent. It is important to carefully consider the potential consequences of our decisions and seek advice from others when necessary.

3. Can a seemingly small decision have a big impact on reality?

Yes, small decisions can have a big impact on reality. For example, choosing to recycle one plastic bottle may not seem significant, but if everyone made that same decision, it could have a huge impact on reducing pollution and preserving the environment. Similarly, seemingly insignificant personal decisions, such as choosing to pursue a different career path, can ultimately lead to major changes in one's life and the world around them.

4. Is it possible to reverse the impact of a decision on reality?

In some cases, it may be possible to reverse the impact of a decision on reality. However, this is not always the case as some decisions may have permanent consequences. It is important to carefully consider the potential outcomes of a decision before making it, and to be prepared to take responsibility for the consequences if they cannot be reversed.

5. Can a decision made by an individual truly change the course of reality for everyone?

It is possible for an individual's decision to have a ripple effect that can impact others and ultimately change the course of reality for everyone. For example, a political leader's decision to declare war can affect the lives of millions of people and shape the course of history. However, the extent to which one person's decision can impact others may vary and is influenced by various factors such as power, influence, and societal norms.