I just inhaled a bunch of phlemy mucous.

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed one person's experience of being sick and accidentally swallowing mucus, which was followed by someone congratulating them and making a joke. The conversation then shifted to the availability of premium memberships.
Mk
I'm a bit sick, and I just inhaled a whole bunch of that yellow colored mucous that was in the back of my nose. I had to swallow it when it hit my throat. :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations!

:rofl: I laughed out load.

Admin note: Warned for indecency.

Then I dumped a load into my toilet.

Thanks for the update Mk. I guess that means you're a big boy now.

That's what mommy said. :smile:

enigma said:
Premium Membership Now Available

Whoa premium memberships are available now!

That's just dirty. The decent thing to have done would have been to spit it near someone.

1. What should I do if I've just inhaled a bunch of phlemy mucous?

If you have just inhaled a large amount of phlemy mucous, the first thing you should do is try to cough it up. Coughing helps to clear your airways and get rid of any excess mucous that may be causing discomfort or difficulty breathing.

2. Can inhaling phlemy mucous be harmful?

Inhaling phlemy mucous can be uncomfortable and annoying, but it is not usually harmful. However, if the mucous is contaminated with bacteria or other pathogens, it could potentially lead to a respiratory infection. If you experience any symptoms such as fever, chest pain, or difficulty breathing, it is important to seek medical attention.

3. How can I prevent inhaling phlemy mucous?

The best way to prevent inhaling phlemy mucous is to take steps to reduce the amount of mucous in your respiratory system. This can include staying hydrated, avoiding irritants like smoke and pollution, and practicing good hygiene to prevent the spread of respiratory infections.

4. Is it normal to cough up phlemy mucous?

Coughing up phlemy mucous is a normal and healthy response to protect your respiratory system. It helps to clear out any excess mucous, allergens, or irritants that may be present in your airways. However, if you are coughing up large amounts of mucous or it is accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.

5. When should I be concerned about inhaling phlemy mucous?

If you experience frequent or persistent coughing and production of phlemy mucous, it may be a sign of an underlying issue such as allergies, asthma, or an infection. It is important to monitor your symptoms and seek medical attention if they worsen or do not improve over time.