Delusional: What Happened Last Night?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, the author's thoughts on television went from wanting tabbed browsing and better design to wanting to kill all the bad programming.
Mk
I was a bit on the uh... other side last night. I was changing the channels and was thinking to myself "why can't I ****ing copy and paste the channels?" and "they need tabbed browsing on this thing" and "poor design." Wow, what happened to me?

Physics news on Phys.org
this is a joke right?

I do this a lot as well. I find myself wanting to select things and ctrl+c/ctrl+v them.

Last edited:
I agree. I like the tabs on Firefox, we need something like that for TV: at the very least programable channels on the remote, like you have for radio.

I want a remote that let's me perform arithmetic operations to change channels.

You watch tv??

I do this a lot as well. I find myself wanting to select things and ctrl+c/ctrl+v them.
No no, this isn't like normal. Normally if I think a computer command applied to real life, I'll catch myself. But this, I just kept going on.

Like the guy who had Alzheimer's His wife told him to go to the store to get milk. He forgot why he was there and came home with a pair of gloves, since he was already at the store. When he came home his wife said "Ahh! Why didn't you get me my milk>?!?" Normally if you "forgot" you would be like "oh shoot." But this guy, he was like "what? You never told me to get milk."

Besides, why would I want to copy and paste channel names anyway??

I sometimes get dilusional when having sat behind the microscope all day screening worms, on the drive home you imagine picking up the people on the street like worms.

I hear the same thing from people playing video games all day like GTA, where you get the dilusion that you can climb up buildings the same as in the video game.

It means that YOU SHOULD SPEND LESS TIME BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER! (or microscope) :wink:

dav2008 said:
this happens to me to. sometimes I just want to alt+F4 people

yomamma, alt+F4 is too inefficient and slow. What you need is the following unix command:

kill -9 -1

This automatically tries to kill every single process on the computer without mercy.

Now if I could only use this command to get rid of all the bad programming on television. Especially the Fox News Network for their sensationalistic broadcasts. I would also use this against Rupert Murdock for cancelling Futurama and Firefly.

Last edited:
dduardo said:
yomamma, alt+F4 is too inefficient and slow. What you need is the following unix command:

kill -9 -1

This automatically tries to kill every single process on the computer without mercy.

Now if I could only use this command to get rid of all the bad programming on television. Especially the Fox News Network for their sensationalistic broadcasts. I would also use this against Rupert Murdock for cancelling Futurama and Firefly.

Rupert Murdock is a chimpanzee with down's syndrome, you cruel jerk! You should pity him!

Monique said:
I hear the same thing from people playing video games all day like GTA, where you get the dilusion that you can climb up buildings the same as in the video game.
A friend of mine picked up a game called The Getaway which is a lot like GTA but set in london and much more realistic. After we played it for hours I got in my car and felt very odd driving on the right side of the road.

A friend of mine picked up a game called The Getaway which is a lot like GTA but set in london and much more realistic. After we played it for hours I got in my car and felt very odd driving on the right side of the road.
After playing strategy games too much you may find yourself saying Russian or Spanish phrases.

One time, i had been playing Zelda: The ocarina of time, you could go back in time in that game, so you would replay things if you saw something weird. One of these things was that a shop got robbed and the thief would go running through some location, in the garden if i remember correctly, and i could attack him. So i tried plenty of times to get him, every time i failed i would go back in time and retry. The thief was some guy carrying a full knapsack.
One night, i was working at a supermarket then, a customer, this ~40 year old guy with tattoos, i had serviced, went directly out the door without paying. I went outside and saw him walking along carrying the grocery bag on his shoulder, and then when he saw me he started running, and i impulsively just went after him with all that i had, i was jumping walls and going through back roads and when i almost had him he dropped the bag, i stopped picked it up and went back. I know it was because of the game, everything happened so quickly it was an instantaneous reaction. I had no reason to go after him, i didn't care, that's up to security, not my job. I didn't even tell anyone because of how stupid it was, but it felt good :smile: .

Last edited:
I used to play a lot of solitaire and freecell on the computer. I used to dream about cards. And red and black. In fact, I dreamt about the games quite often. I was addicted. I would bring my laptop to college just to sit and play freecell, during lessons, at break times whenever I could.

I had to give up when one of my friends came into the common room at college wearing a black t-shirt and stood next to another of my friends who was wearing... you guessed it... a red top, and I had this huge desire to put one of them on top of the other. That was when I realized I had other more expensive games to play, and should really dust them off and try them.

Mk said:
After playing strategy games too much you may find yourself saying Russian or Spanish phrases.
When I play a lot of chess I start seeing chess moves in everything and start seeing it behind my eyes when I try to go to sleep. I've had insomnia before because of it, it was driving me nuts.

I've started to try to change the channel with a calculator before and I've also picked up the TV remote and started to try to calculate on that.

Real life could definitely use a mute & a fast forward button for using on people.

1. What is the definition of delusional?

Delusional refers to a mental state in which a person holds a belief that is not based on reality or evidence. This belief is often fixed and resistant to change, despite evidence to the contrary.

2. What is the main cause of delusional thinking?

The main cause of delusional thinking is a psychiatric disorder, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or delusional disorder. However, delusional thinking can also occur as a symptom of other medical conditions or as a side effect of certain medications.

3. How is delusional thinking treated?

Treatment for delusional thinking typically involves a combination of medication and therapy. Antipsychotic medications can help reduce the intensity and frequency of delusions, while therapy can help individuals learn to manage their symptoms and develop coping strategies.

4. Can delusional thinking be cured?

While there is no known cure for delusional thinking, it can be effectively managed with treatment. With proper medication and therapy, individuals with delusional thinking can lead fulfilling lives and experience a reduction in symptoms.

5. Is delusional thinking dangerous?

In some cases, delusional thinking can lead to dangerous behaviors, especially if the delusions involve harm to oneself or others. However, with proper treatment, the risk of dangerous behaviors can be minimized. It is important for individuals with delusional thinking to seek help from a mental health professional to manage their symptoms.