Can a Continuous Bijection Have a Discontinuous Inverse?

• Thread starter To0ta
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a function that meets certain criteria, specifically being one-to-one, onto, and continuous, with the added condition that its inverse is not continuous. One suggestion is the function e^x, but the question is not clearly stated.
To0ta
find : E[tex]\subseteqR[/tex]

f : E[tex]\rightarrowR[/tex]

1_1 , onto , contonuo

such that

f[tex]^{}-1[/tex] : f(E) [tex]\rightarrowR[/tex]

is not continows

Please help me in finding a solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you repost it such that it's more readable please?

Perhaps you meant:

Let [itex]E\subseteq \mathbb{R}[/itex]. Find a function [itex]f : E\rightarrow \mathbb{R}[/itex] that is one-to-one, onto, and continuous such that [itex]f^{-1} : f(E) \rightarrow \mathbb{R}[/itex] is not continuous.

Is this your question?

Yes, this is my question:smile:

what about e^x?

To0ta said:
Yes, this is my question:smile:

Why don't you just type your question? All of the stuff you are doing with special fonts, centering, and font size is distracting.

1. How do I begin finding a solution?

The first step in finding a solution is to thoroughly understand the problem. Take some time to research and gather information about the issue you are facing. This will help you identify possible solutions and guide your decision-making process.

2. What factors should I consider when looking for a solution?

There are several factors to consider when finding a solution, such as the resources available, the potential impact of the solution, and the feasibility of implementing it. It is important to also consider the opinions and perspectives of others involved in the problem.

3. How do I evaluate the effectiveness of a solution?

To evaluate the effectiveness of a solution, you can use metrics such as cost, time, and impact. These will help you determine if the solution is achieving its intended goal and if it is sustainable in the long run. It is also important to gather feedback from those affected by the solution.

4. What if I cannot find a solution on my own?

If you are having trouble finding a solution, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Consult with colleagues, experts in the field, or even consider brainstorming with a group to generate new ideas. Sometimes a fresh perspective can lead to a breakthrough solution.

5. How do I ensure the success of a solution?

To ensure the success of a solution, it is important to have a clear plan and to communicate it effectively to all parties involved. Set realistic goals, monitor progress, and be open to making adjustments as needed. It is also crucial to have a contingency plan in case the solution does not work as expected.