Block Unwanted Messages: Ignore List Info

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
In summary, you can block someone from sending you unwanted messages by adding them to your Ignore List. However, you cannot exclude a single person, but you can block them from private messaging you by selecting that option. You can also limit the receipt of private messages to just your contacts and mentors, and anyone else who attempts to message you will be notified that you have disabled private messaging. If someone continues to send you messages after you have asked them to stop, you can report them to mentors. It is also possible for ignored users to still use the visitor messaging feature, so you may need to limit that to friends and mentors as well.
hypatia
If you add someone to your Ignore List, will it prevent them from sending you unwanted messages? I've got someone on here, who is just plain mean spirited to me, and I would rather not have any contact with her at all.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can't exclude a single person, but you can block them from pm'ng you by selecting this option. Contacts would be people on your "Friends" list.

"You may limit the receipt of private messages to just mentors and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging. "

Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Mentors

If the person is sending you messages after asking them to stop, you can report them to the mentors.

Thanks very much.

I'm glad that you're on my 'friends' list. :smile:

Forever friends Danger. {hugs}

The ignore list should block posts and Pm's from anybody who is on it. The other alternative is as Evo says, to limit messages to friends and mentors.

I do believe that ignored users can still use the visitor messaging feature though in which case you will have to limit this to friends and mentors only.

Thanks Kurdt.

1. What is the "Ignore List" in the "Block Unwanted Messages" feature?

The "Ignore List" is a list of senders whose messages you do not want to receive. Adding someone to this list will automatically block their messages from reaching your inbox.

2. How do I add someone to the "Ignore List"?

To add someone to your "Ignore List," you can go to your email settings and look for the "Block Unwanted Messages" feature. From there, you can enter the email address or name of the sender you want to ignore and save the changes.

3. Can I remove someone from the "Ignore List"?

Yes, you can easily remove someone from your "Ignore List." Simply go back to your email settings and uncheck the box next to the email address or name of the sender you want to remove from the list.

4. Will the sender know they have been added to my "Ignore List"?

No, the sender will not receive a notification that they have been added to your "Ignore List." Their messages will simply be blocked from reaching your inbox.

5. Can I still see messages from someone on my "Ignore List"?

No, any messages from someone on your "Ignore List" will be automatically blocked and you will not be able to see them in your inbox. However, you can still access these messages in your spam or junk folder.