Harassment with Wave Emitter: Documenting Vibrations for Evidence

• Thread starter Victor M.
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wave
In summary: Has anyone else had this problem?Do you have any other evidence that they might be doing this deliberately?Some folks have reported that the vibrations have also been felt through the floor.Victor. You still haven't said what form the waves take. Are they Radio Waves, Sound waves or just vibrations - due to a motor, fan, pump?Just vibrations due to a motor, fan, or pump.Is there a method by which I can document the occurrence of the vibrations?Some folks have reported that the vibrations have also been felt through the floor.
Victor M.
Hi,

My downstairs neighbors have access to an electronic device that is able to transmit waves to my bed and sofa, resulting in vibrations on it when I sleep or sit down sometimes.

Is there a method by which I can document the occurrence of the vibrations?

Thanks,

Victor M.

Physics news on Phys.org
Victor M., Welcome to Physics Forums!

So you can feel those vibrations in your bed and also on the sofa. To document vibrations folks here can help you, but it may not be easy or cheap, depending on what kind they are. Can you hear any sound at the same time? Set up a cup of water and watch or photograph the surface waves? Can you describe them in more detail? Why do you think your neighbors have access to an electronic device that causes these vibrations? Have you asked them about this?

Bobbywhy

Are these waves mechanical / sound or do you suspect EM waves?

if you have a phone with an accelerometer then you could probably write an app to record video and the readings of the accelerometer. The video would prove that you were not deliberately causing the vibrations.

Or maybe they're just playing music and are not intentionally harassing you...

If you really think they're doing this deliberately, how do they know where your bed and sofa are? And further, by what means do you propose they are creating these "waves"?

First, find out who needs the "documentation", to sort out the problem (law enforcement? public health officials? whoever...)

Then ask them what evidence they want. For example in the UK, if you have a complaint about noise from neighbors, the relevant authorities might install their own equipment in your house to monitor the situation, so they know they are getting evidence that they can use in court if that's where the complaint might end up.

Victor. You still haven't said what form the waves take. Are they Radio Waves, Sound waves or just vibrations - due to a motor, fan, pump?

Is there a method by which I can document the occurrence of the vibrations?

Keep a diary. Show it to your doctor?

I think Victor may have left the thread.

maybe you need to make yourself an aluminum-foil helmet.

AlephZero said:
First, find out who needs the "documentation", to sort out the problem (law enforcement? public health officials? whoever...)

Then ask them what evidence they want. For example in the UK, if you have a complaint about noise from neighbors, the relevant authorities might install their own equipment in your house to monitor the situation, so they know they are getting evidence that they can use in court if that's where the complaint might end up.
But they won't do any of it until you have spoken to them and try to resolve the problem.

What is "Harassment with wave emitter"?

"Harassment with wave emitter" is a form of harassment where a person uses a wave emitter device to emit harmful waves towards another person with the intention of causing harm or distress.

How does a wave emitter work?

A wave emitter is a device that emits electromagnetic waves, such as radio waves, microwaves, or laser beams. These waves travel through the air and can have a range of effects depending on the type and intensity of the waves.

What are the potential effects of being harassed with a wave emitter?

The effects of being harassed with a wave emitter can vary depending on the type and intensity of the waves. They can range from physical effects like burns or headaches to psychological effects like anxiety or paranoia.

Is harassment with a wave emitter illegal?

Yes, harassment with a wave emitter is illegal and can be considered a form of assault or battery. It is a violation of a person's right to safety and can result in criminal charges and penalties.

What should I do if I am being harassed with a wave emitter?

If you are being harassed with a wave emitter, it is important to remove yourself from the situation as soon as possible. You should also report the harassment to the authorities and seek medical attention if needed. It is important to document any evidence of the harassment, such as photos or recordings, to support your case.