What are some recommended books for studying integral calculus and set theory?

• Thread starter franz32
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, as a scientist, there are numerous recommended books in your specific field of study. Some popular options include "The Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin, "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins, and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. A great book for scientific research should be well-researched, well-written, and provide new and valuable insights into a specific topic. There are also many classic books that are still relevant in modern science, such as "On the Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin and "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Kuhn. To find recommendations for great books in your field of study, you can look to academic journals, online forums or communities for scientists
franz32
Hello everyone!

Can you recommend me book(s) in integral calculus and set theory
that are great in details and that it contain lots of basic and challenging
practices?

One book for my studies is not enough. =)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I like Piskunov for integral calculus. Tons of problems.

Well Hardy's 'A Course of Pure Mathematics' has some monstrosities if you're into integral calculus.

For set theory I'd get Patrick Suppes' Axiomatic Set Theory & the one by Kamke (can't remember exactly what it's called)

What are some recommended books in my field of study?

As a scientist, there are numerous recommended books in your specific field of study. Some popular options include "The Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin, "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins, and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. It's important to do some research and read reviews to find the best books for your area of expertise.

What makes a book great for scientific research?

A great book for scientific research should be well-researched, well-written, and provide new and valuable insights into a specific topic. It should also cite reliable sources and have a clear and logical structure. Additionally, a great book should be able to engage readers and present complex information in a clear and understandable way.

Are there any classic books that are still relevant in modern science?

Yes, there are many classic books that are still relevant in modern science. For example, "On the Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin and "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Kuhn are still widely referenced and studied in various fields of science.

Where can I find recommendations for great books in my field of study?

There are many places where you can find recommendations for great books in your field of study. Some options include academic journals, online forums or communities for scientists, and recommendations from professors or colleagues. You can also check out reputable book lists or ask for recommendations from experts in your field.

Can I trust book reviews and ratings when choosing a recommended book?

While book reviews and ratings can be helpful, it's important to approach them critically. Look for reviews from reputable sources and consider multiple opinions before making a decision. It's also helpful to read the book summary and sample chapters to get a better understanding of the content and writing style.