Can I Upload Images Here? Problem Solving for Non-Native English Speakers

• Thread starter Nguyen Thanh Nam
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation discusses how to upload images and solve a problem involving making two functions continuous at x=1. The solution involves finding two equations and two unknowns and differentiating both formulas. The final solution is a= -3.
Nguyen Thanh Nam
Can I upload the images here? so that whenever you choose my topic, they're shown, no need for you to open attachments?
Any way, I am a non-native so I get difficulties solving this problem. Tell me! (it's easy but I can't use English to state some sentence)
The URL of the problem:
aandbJan9.jpg

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You can attach various types of files,provided their size in not too big...

As for the question:
HINT:Meke sure the function and the first derivative are both continuous in "1".

Daniel.

let the first function is f(x) and the second function is g(x), in order for the first derivative exist @ x=1, there must meet 2 condition,
1). the function must continue at x=1, which mean f(1)=g(1) ,
2). the function must be smooth, which mean f'(x)=g'(x) @ x=1

now you have 2 equation and 2 unknown, a and b...

They are continuous in '1'
When you check out [f(x)-f(1)]/(x-1), will we need to let them into ways: x->1+ and x->1-, right?
But how to write down? :-)
Andm you see, you need to download the img file, any better way so that it's shown in the post? As some mathematical functions are long and complicated

Thanks

No, you have to MAKE then continuous at x= 1! That's the whole point of the problem.

Since [itex]\sqrt{2-x^2}[/itex] is continuous from the right, its value at x= 1 is 1
Since [itex]x^2+ bx+ c[/itex] is continuous for all x, we must have 1+ b+ c= 1. That gives one equation for b and c.

Now differentiate both formulas:

[itex]\frac{df}{dx}= -x(2-x^2)^{-1/2}[/itex] if x< 1
[itex]\frac{df}{dx}= 2x+ a[/itex] if x> 1

When x= 1, those are -1= 2+ a.

1. Can I upload images on this platform?

Yes, you can upload images on this platform. It supports various image formats such as JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.

2. How do I upload an image on this platform?

To upload an image, click on the upload button and select the image from your device. You can also drag and drop the image directly onto the platform.

3. Is there a limit to the size of the image I can upload?

Yes, there is a limit to the size of the image you can upload. The maximum file size allowed is usually mentioned on the upload page. If your image is larger than the limit, you may need to resize it before uploading.

4. Can I edit the images after uploading them?

No, this platform does not have image editing capabilities. You will need to edit the image before uploading it.

5. I am not a native English speaker, will I face any problems while uploading images?

No, this platform is designed to be user-friendly for non-native English speakers as well. However, if you face any difficulties, you can always reach out to the support team for assistance.